NVIDIA Inspector question(s)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

NVIDIA Inspector question(s)

Post by TBryson2 »

I've been using NVIDIA Inspector for some time now, and when I was flying FSX I noticed it made a BIG difference in the frame rates when set properly. I've seen mixed reviews about using it for P3D and was wondering if anyone is still using Inspector for P3d 4.x?

Either way, if anyone is able to answer these two questions, I would appreciate it.

1. I know how to set Inspector for a particular program (i.e. FSX, P3D, Kerbal Space Program...), but does it automatically load it's profile for that program when launching it? Or is it something I have to command to "apply changes" prior to running that program? (I believe it automatically starts, but still not 100% sure)

More importantly,
2. Is Inspector something I can modify on the fly WHILE I'm using P3D to see if it makes any difference? Or do I have to restart the program (P3D, FSX...) for it to actually apply the updated settings and notice a difference?

I'm still looking for that elusive "magic bullet" to get my frame rates up as high as possible. I do understand that my hardware will only stretch so far, but if there are any settings that is throttling it back at all, I sure would like to find it! YouTube, and other sources all seem to have their preferences, almost no two alike. (Again, understandably with different hardware...).

Thanks!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: NVIDIA Inspector question(s)

Post by Caldemeyn »

1.I would treat it like an advanced nvidia control panel with extra features unlocked and yes, you have to apply changes for the particular profile, you can even see some of the changes applied through inspector in the regular control panel, becouse profiles in them are the same thing, inspector just allows you to access some more obscure settings and modes.

2. Its the same as with the regular panel, you have to restart the sim.

Since updating to the latest drivers i turned my inspector profile off, the sim is smooth enough. I just set some basic things like power mode and monitor mode. Before that i used this https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLUL8e ... t5iGTSlGXs you can try that but it requires specific driver and inspector versions. It worked quite nice for me until now.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”