Great program on PBS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Great program on PBS

Post by Snuffy »

Saw WARPLANE tonight (11/08 ) on my local PBS.

Two episodes tonight and two more next wednesday night 9-11.

DVD is available. :)

Great graphics and a history lesson to boot!
Last edited by Snuffy on 09 Nov 2006, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Snuffy

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

My mother just told me about this over the telephone.
It's a great TV program.Thanks too Snuffy for posting this so others can watch this excellent program.I am recording this with my TV Tuner on my PC he he. I am not sure but I think that this is the program where they drop the last bomb using a Norden Bombsight(you have to see this). AC just gave me a training DVD on the Norden/Sperry.
Yep this was the TV program that had the Norden drop recreation in it.
I just saw this on TV.Wow AC would love this I'm going to have to tell him about this but as he PM'd me he will be offline for a while.
Right on this is a REALLY GREAT program.
Last edited by JJB17463rdBombGroup on 09 Nov 2006, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

Yes, this is outstanding. I guess we will all have to record "I Pity the Fool" so we can watch this.

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Actually, I have found the program to be generally disappointing. It seems to lack focus, while at the same time giving a poor overview. It just seems to jump around too much and to try and cover too much ground at once. The segment on the Norden was at first quite interesting, but when trying to discuss the Norden in such a constrained time frame, spending a significant part of the time on a guy who didn't really remember what to do ate away at the program. It would be much nicer to either have an in depth look at a few things or to give a broad overview. Instead, I feel they tried to go for a middle ground and the program is lacking as a result. On the otherhand, Dogfights on the history channel does a much nicer job of informing the viewer about the intracacies of flying and dogfighting (no doubt however, aided by the longer time allotments they have).

Maybe I was just expecting too much the first time around; I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more on the second go around for the series...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”