UK Totally Paralysed!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Re: UK Totally Paralysed!

Post by ClipperLuna »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
stiz wrote:whats gonna cause REAL chaos is when the snow melts and freezes night after night :?
Already happening here, no snow over night so all the none covered bit are ice and all the covered bits have ice under them.
Ugh, that happens here sometimes and it's the worst. Ever try a pair of shoe chains? They can make a world of difference if you have to walk on it.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Re: UK Totally Paralysed!

Post by Paul K »

I can remember a train trip as a boy, during winter, and I think we were travelling up to Cumberland ( Cumbria as now is ). I don't know whether we were crossing the snow covered peak district or Pennines or similar, but it was completely white, land and sky, with the black smoke from the steam locomotive drifting away across it. When I put my head out of the window, which you could in those days, I looked back along the train's dark red carriages - they were the only thing of colour to be seen. Of course, you wouldn't be able to do that today - travel by train through snow, I mean, not put your head out. :roll:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”