Little view tweaks

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Little view tweaks

Post by crippy »

Hey there, I just turned off my "gaming / flight sim" pc but I bought chase plane to help tweak some view settings. It was quite a bit overkill for me and having to ditch the stock view system and keybindings and replace every single view in every plane with a custom equivalent was a little bit too much for me. So I removed chaseplane and I found a easy way to tweak views in A2A planes.

I mainly needed the constellation, as from the pilots seat you cannot see hardly the .xx hrz selectors (ex 121.xx) on COM 1 and COM 2. From the co pilots seat you can get COM 2 but not COM1. It was a bit fiddly and mostly the cause of my frustration with the conni. I found you can easily find what view parameters you need with the create custom views in P3D. I then did not create a custom view there, but noted this info, but went into my P3Dv4 addons folder - A2A - SimObjects (I think) - L049 - And then Config. There in the text document I copied and pasted the Co-Pilots pre-made view and renamed it with a new name and changed the GUID a little bit to make it unique.

There it was a fully "custom" additional view of the radio dials looking down. Press A 3 times poof perfect.

So I ventured to do the same with the Comanche 250. The co-pilots view was not on the seat properly, he was more sitting on the flap lever. So I just made a few little adjustments and poof perfecto!

If any of you are interested in me making a guide I would be interested in showing you guys. It is a little bit of a time and money saver if you aren't really needing the fancies that come with Chase plane or EZDock.

I would have done it here, but I turned the system off and I have no idea if anyone actually cares lol.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”