Saitek throttle quad. help

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
tomm
Airman

Saitek throttle quad. help

Post by tomm »

Have had yolk and throttle quad for a few years now and the pots in the quad finally gave up so I got a new one. The problem with this one, at full throw forward or back they are 12% shy of max or minimum calibration doesn’t help. I have to reach down with the mouse for the added 12%. I don’t use FSUIPC which I’m sure someone will tell me I should have for better control of the sim. Anyone with a fix would be greatly appreciated.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Saitek throttle quad. help

Post by dvm »

Did a search and found this per Pete Dowson. Sounds familiar to me can't remember where or when. :D

It sounds like you have the sensitivity slider in FS set incorrectly. Go into the FS Options-Settings-Controls menu, seelct "simple controls" and adjust the two sliders. The null zone should normally be at minimum (left-most) and the sensitivity at maximum (right-most). The latter is especially important if you want to use the full range. A lower than full sensitivity actually reduces the values coming in from your joystick.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63930- ... libration/

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

dvm wrote:Did a search and found this per Pete Dowson. Sounds familiar to me can't remember where or when. :D

It sounds like you have the sensitivity slider in FS set incorrectly. Go into the FS Options-Settings-Controls menu, seelct "simple controls" and adjust the two sliders. The null zone should normally be at minimum (left-most) and the sensitivity at maximum (right-most). The latter is especially important if you want to use the full range. A lower than full sensitivity actually reduces the values coming in from your joystick.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63930- ... libration/

Exactly what this guy said, make sure in P3D and FSX that the sensitivity on your throttle quad is set to 100% via the ingame settings.

I have more experience with CH products, but if that still does not work, try a powered USB Hub / port.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

tomm
Airman

Post by tomm »

Thanks people! That was exactly my problem this didn’t occur with the old control but must have gone to those settings when I introduced the new one. Now I don’t have to pull the spark plugs to kill the engine!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”