Getting Pictures/Sig Banners Up and Running

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Getting Pictures/Sig Banners Up and Running

Post by N324JK »

So yeah, Photobucket got all greedy and decided to start charging to let people share links to images stored on their websites. As they say, ain't nobody got time for dat.

I had plans to move image content over to a new place like imgur, but life somewhat got in the way. But not anymore. I finally got some time together to start rectifying the situation, starting with the sign banners (see the ones in my signature). The Connie one has already been replaced - I just need to go back to the other posts to replace links there.

In the meantime, I've also picked up the digital paintbrush again and have started repainting A2A, notably in celebration of my second son, Everett, being born a couple of weeks ago. So far, I've made paints for the Cub, 172, 182, and Comanche. I plan to do one for the Cherokee, as well. The only issue is that my dropbox is full, and I don't know that I feel like coughing up money to increase storage; any suggestions on places to host the zip files (preferably for free) would be appreciated! Here are some shots of the 182 that I painted today - essentially, a color swap on one of the stock paints that the product comes with, a little work with the spec file to give it a bit more pop, a custom tail number honoring my son's birthday, and a bit of a custom interior:

Enjoy, and happy flying!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Getting Pictures/Sig Banners Up and Running

Post by crippy »

Very slick looking work here!

I know google drive gives (or used to) 15GB for free

I started a 182 Paint job in the summer. I eventually gave up because I could not get the shiny aspect correct, as well as the lines and tail number.

Do you do repaints for cash? I would be willing to send over what I created as a reference point. I just do not hardly have the time to FLY these birds anymore especially not paint them :(
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Re: Getting Pictures/Sig Banners Up and Running

Post by N324JK »

crippy wrote:
I started a 182 Paint job in the summer. I eventually gave up because I could not get the shiny aspect correct, as well as the lines and tail number.

Do you do repaints for cash? I would be willing to send over what I created as a reference point. I just do not hardly have the time to FLY these birds anymore especially not paint them :(
Thanks! And yeah, getting the shine to work just right, and lines to match up perfectly, can be a huge pain.

To answer your question, no, I don't accept cash for my repaints; all I need is the occasional random "siting in the wild" when someone posts, in a completely unrelated topic, a picture of an A2A plane using one of my repaints. And, sadly, like you, I'm somewhat strapped for time recently with the newborn, the day job, and my other son. As it is, this one was done in about a half hour because that's all the time I had for it. I'm sure this lack of time thing will fade eventually, but right now, I wouldn't feel right accepting a request knowing that it could be a significant amount of time before I could get it done. But thanks for the interest!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”