A2A and Flightsim World

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A and Flightsim World

Post by tbaac »

bladerunner900 wrote:
jabloomf1230 wrote:I am heartened (not really) that this thread has nothing to do anymore with A2A's products nor anything of substance to flight summing in general. It's just a bunch of pointless rants promoting a marginal incomplete flight sim.
Exactly. The original post asked if A2A products could be imported into FSW. The answer from Lewis was no, so in theory that is that. The rest is of no consequence and should be ignored, as it has no bearing on the point in question.
So, the original question was answered prior to it arguably going off-topic.
Should all threads in the Pilot's Lounge section be banned if they aren't relevant to A2A products?

Quoting Lewis, "We do not offer any FSW products at this time."
That's accurate. But it would be surprising if A2A don't offer FSW products in the future as it's the only 64-bit flight simulator to come out of FSX that is sold for entertainment and because they already work with DTG.
It may never happen or they may release something next week. 8) Never can tell with A2A.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Yes, it has gone a tad off topic, but I confess that's mostly my fault as I mentioned P3D and it's EULA and lawyers. Sorry about that, chief.

Despite my misgivings about P3D, because of it's EULA, I may yet get it, but not before I get a new PC. This one is dates from 2012 and things have moved on a bit from there. But I have other demands on my wallet, so I won't be getting one for a while. Maybe later this year. If common sense prevailed, there would be no issue with buying P3D, but it doesn't always and lawyers are one of my pet hates for reasons that their industry has largely brought on itself. While I'm sure there are good lawyers, on balance, here's my opinion of them collectively. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC34ep2Icxw

I'm also not that keen on Microsoft, as others have noticed, again due to issues of their own making. Anyone who has been using computers for 20 years will be familiar with their highs and lows, of which there have been far to many of the latter. I am, however, very pleased with them for producing Flight Simulator. If not for FS, my computer time would be much less. Like Eric Idle, I'll say no more. :lol: :lol:

Regarding P3D, some have criticised it because that have to buy new versions every 2 years, but I don't have a problem with that. Just as I don't have a problem with A2A asking you to buy your P3D Cessna/Comanche/whatever again when you convert from FSX. After all, we've been buying new versions of MS Flight Simulator since the beginning of it's history and I'm one of the many who owns a copy every version of Flight Sim since version 5. So I don't see what the big deal is, as A2A have had to do some work on the product to make it work on the new 64 bit sim.

But back to the original subject, I have to say I'm pleased with FSW, however incomplete it is. It performs well enough on my antediluvial PC and I'm hopeful it will become the successor to FSX in time. I'm starting to get to grips with adding stuff too, so I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. The payware ArrowIII isn't bad, but I really look forward to the day A2A release something for it. I'd be interested to hear from any others who have tried it.

As to the other topics that have been brought into this, I hope that has now run it's course.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Medtner wrote:A couple of weeks ago John Venema of Orbx (who seem to be in the "in" with this stuff) said the following:

"Just purchase the Academic License for (I think) $69 which can legally be used to teach yourself pilotage and cockpit procedures just as you would in a flight school simulator. In fact, over 65% of all Orbx customers now use P3D and there is no legal issue at all with using that product."

Seems to be rather clear that we can easily justify the usage of the Academic License.
Erik, I would be a little circumspect over that. At one point, John Venema unequivocally declared that P3Dv4 , as a 64-bit simulator, would never appear. Based on that, I don't think he's privy to Lockheed Martin's policy-making or internal discussions.

More generally, and to others taking part in this thread - why on earth is 'going off topic' such a problem? The opening post asked a specific question, the third post answered it. Then the discussion evolved - where's the harm in that ? I sometimes think people complain - not because of a genuine grievance - but simply because they can complain and feel that in some way it's 'expected'.

If you are with people and they mention the weather, do you stop them talking when the discussion moves on to how the garden is doing ? "Excuse me, but the original topic was the weather. Can we get back to that, or please start a new conversation about the garden". See how long you remain friends with your neighbour!

Okay, I don't find EULA discussions particularly entertaining, but it is a persistent concern amongst us non-students and, as has pointed out in this thread, at least a EULA discussion is still possible here, unlike certain other forums ( two, that I am aware of ).

Go off-topic- it's natural! :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”