Just Bought My Second A2A Sim -- the Comanche ! Yay Me !

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Just Bought My Second A2A Sim -- the Comanche ! Yay Me !

Post by Gabe777 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Now have the C182 and the Comanche. Very proud.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Just Bought My Second A2A Sim -- the Comanche ! Yay Me !

Post by MarcE »

Happy landings! ^^

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

The Comanche is where it’s at!

Seeya
ATB

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Very good choice, sir :)

Great aircraft, lovely engine sounds.

Don't forget the landing gear before landing! ;)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Excellent choice, enjoy your time in the classic Piper GA 8) 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I get countless people at the airport come up to me and say something like "that Comanche just looks and sounds so beautiful in the air."

Now that my son is training on the Comanche, I finally have had a change to really get to see and hear it from the ground. The wingspan especially with the tip tanks just looks so beautiful.

Here is one of my favorite picts someone took back in 2012 when we were leaving Sun 'n Fun:

It's not the fastest airplane in the sky but it is fast, carries a lot, is reliable and strong, and is graceful. And when I tell people it was built in 1959, they are amazed. It still holds it's own in every way.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Yep Piper got it right when they did the Comanche. Such a shame the assembly line was destroyed by the flood back then, it makes you wonder how the Comanche would have evolved. I don't think Piper ever truly replaced the design. Maybe the Saratoga, but even that is just scaled up Cherokee. Maybe the Malibu. The Comanche was a unique design. I liken it to a late '60s Chevy Malibu or Chevelle, like the big muscle cars of the day. Powerful, fast, roomy, big trunk and reasonably practical design. I always felt I has something really solid in my hands when I had a Comanche yoke in my hands. I do like the old square yokes because there were lots of places to grab or you could rest your arm on top of it.

Tip tanks look beautiful. Without looks beautiful. I looked to my left and saw that wing off my side. For a split second I thought I was in a P-51 lol.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Scott - A2A wrote:I get countless people at the airport come up to me and say something like "that Comanche just looks and sounds so beautiful in the air."

Now that my son is training on the Comanche, I finally have had a change to really get to see and hear it from the ground. The wingspan especially with the tip tanks just looks so beautiful.

Here is one of my favorite picts someone took back in 2012 when we were leaving Sun 'n Fun:

It's not the fastest airplane in the sky but it is fast, carries a lot, is reliable and strong, and is graceful. And when I tell people it was built in 1959, they are amazed. It still holds it's own in every way.

Scott.
Will you adopt me ? I am 55 but I am house trained !

My papa bought me a bicycle :(
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Redglyph wrote:Very good choice, sir :)

Great aircraft, lovely engine sounds.

Don't forget the landing gear before landing! ;)
Lol.... what landing gear ?!

I hit a mountain in Switzerland yesterday !

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”