Where's my download?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Pod1
Airman Basic

Where's my download?

Post by Pod1 »

I downloaded Accu-Feel, C172 and Comanche 250 from my A2A account yesterday but was unable to install them because I didn't have administrator privileges. My A2A account now shows that I have used 1 of my 5 available downloads. So where would the first download be? It's not in my downloads folder :(

Martin

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Where's my download?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Martin,

the downloads will be where you downloaded them too. If that was a temp area then it would have been deleted upon system restart. You will want to make sure you know where you download your files too, and follow on screen instructions and questions.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Pod1
Airman Basic

Post by Pod1 »

Lewis, what you say makes sense. I thought I was being careful by noting the 172 file path (for example) as Martin>Appdata>Local>Microsoft>Windows>INetCache>IE>Q3B7ACC7>accusim_c172_trainer.zip but then not being able to find that path again after a restart. So that must be a temporary file. I live and learn :|.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Happy New Year.
Martin

bosphonic
Airman Basic

Post by bosphonic »

I have a similar problem, My D drive (where my FSX is located) recently went belly up, and I had to have it replaced. I have successsfully reloaded FSX on to the new D drive, and also a lot of ORBX scenery, plus other add-ons (including aircraft) My previously purchased (4) A2A aircraft also appear to download successfuly, (they appear in my downloads files) but when I attempt to install them I get a message saying "file cannot be found".

It is deeply depressing, as I have already used up a number of my 5 re-install options, and although I badly want to get my hands on the A2A T-6 Texan, I am now reluctant to do so. I would be grateful for any suggestons.

Thank you.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You may request a reset of your downloads from A2A. The normal procedure is to PM one of their admin staff with your order number.

The proper download procedure is to first save the file to a permanent location on your machine, unzip and the launch the installer from the unzipped directory.

If you are trying to run the installation from the zip package or from a temp download folder, it will not function.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Pod1 wrote:Lewis, what you say makes sense. I thought I was being careful by noting the 172 file path (for example) as Martin>Appdata>Local>Microsoft>Windows>INetCache>IE>Q3B7ACC7>accusim_c172_trainer.zip but then not being able to find that path again after a restart. So that must be a temporary file. I live and learn :|.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Happy New Year.
Martin
Hello,

I show you still with many downloads remaining so no reset is needed for the moment.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bosphonic wrote:I have a similar problem, My D drive (where my FSX is located) recently went belly up, and I had to have it replaced. I have successsfully reloaded FSX on to the new D drive, and also a lot of ORBX scenery, plus other add-ons (including aircraft) My previously purchased (4) A2A aircraft also appear to download successfuly, (they appear in my downloads files) but when I attempt to install them I get a message saying "file cannot be found".

It is deeply depressing, as I have already used up a number of my 5 re-install options, and although I badly want to get my hands on the A2A T-6 Texan, I am now reluctant to do so. I would be grateful for any suggestons.

Thank you.
Hello,

if you can let me know your order number I can easily get those downloads activated for you should they need to be. Just remember when downloading to always download to specific location and not a system temp area that is wiped automatically by the computer as it restarts.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”