Shared cockpit

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ayce
Airman

Shared cockpit

Post by Ayce »

Is there anyway currently to have shared cockpit with any of the A2A aircraft?

Thanks Jackson

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Re: Shared cockpit

Post by RotorWash »

The guys at A2a would have to have rocks in there head to overlook the potential of a shared cockpit, Im sure it will be announced in the very very near future :?:

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Replies over the years on this question explain that shared cockpit in FSX goes beyond the capabilities added by Accusim; and that there is a lot of additional coding required in development to make it work with non-Accusim aircraft.(See here. )

I'm not saying this means never because I don't know if P3D is a gamechanger, or what exciting new developments are promised will be revealed in 2018. But the current state is that shared cockpit is not possible with A2A aircraft.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

We figured out a work-a-round for this and it works "fairly well". It has it's limitations but the joy of having a live FE in the Connie was great. Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=57307

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Ayce
Airman

Post by Ayce »

Skycat wrote:Replies over the years on this question explain that shared cockpit in FSX goes beyond the capabilities added by Accusim; and that there is a lot of additional coding required in development to make it work with non-Accusim aircraft.(See here. )
I'm not saying this means never because I don't know if P3D is a gamechanger, or what exciting new developments are promised will be revealed in 2018. But the current state is that shared cockpit is not possible with A2A aircraft.

That is kinda what I assumed but thanks for the other forum ill go check that out.
RotorWash wrote:The guys at A2a would have to have rocks in there head to overlook the potential of a shared cockpit, Im sure it will be announced in the very very near future :?:
Yah but as someone else said its above what FSX can handle and FSX wont ever update so its will probably never happen on FSX at least.
WB_FlashOver wrote:We figured out a work-a-round for this and it works "fairly well". It has it's limitations but the joy of having a live FE in the Connie was great. Here's a link to the thread.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=57307

Cheers
Roger
Thanks ill take a look.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”