Registering for p3d

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Registering for p3d

Post by Rarebear »

Hey guys, Im attemtping to register for the P3D support forums and its asking me for a license number but I have a virtual download. Where would I find this license number?

while Im at it. My p3d developed a hiccup. It loads the splash screen then goes black I can click and hear the dings like on Windows behind it. I hit escape and I can exit the simulator.

any help would be nice. Thanks. im running windows 7

JDW

Euan Emblin
Airman First Class

Re: Registering for p3d

Post by Euan Emblin »

The license number comes from the email that P3D sent you when you purchased their product. Contains both license number and password and you need both of those things when you first activate P3D. The black screen is normal when you first start the software as it needs a little while to autoconfigure itself graphically to your system. Just let it do its thing but you need to activate the software first.

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Hey, thanks for the reply.

So o found the license stuff I just hadnt used it in a while.

So my problem is black screen after ive been using it for a long time. I can leave it for a while and nothing happens.

Weird.

JDW

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5242 ... t-version/

Hi JDW,

I hope the above link works for you. (If the link doesn't work then let me know and I'll have a think how best to write it). It might partly address your question; it might not. To cut the story shortish, I thought it would be wise to register to the P3D support forum primarily PROACTIVELY "just in case", and secondarily so I'd know about incremental updates.
The registration process wouldn't complete for me, for reasons I don't know. It just replied I was incorrectly answering application-form question/s. ???? So, a bit piddled off, I messaged the P3D forum in AVSIM. Then my critical message got somewhat censored or re-tuned by the administrator, re-titled and (very helpfully, I must say) rephrased around the incremental updating process.

So I never have succeeded in joining the P3D Support Forum, HOWEVER the UNOFFICIAL FORUM above (if my address for the link is valid) is really splendid; excellent contributors and advice (as well as less relevant stuff, of course)!

Any use?

Rod, Birmingham, UK

Poppet
Airman First Class

Post by Poppet »

rod321 wrote: The registration process wouldn't complete for me, for reasons I don't know. It just replied I was incorrectly answering application-form question/s. ???? So, a bit piddled
Hello

When registering on the Lockheed Martin Forums the confirmation Questions can be a bit tricky alright...........

Here are 2 of the Confirmation Questions

What are the middle five characters of ~&x=x*=?:

Answer &x=x*

------------

What are the middle five characters of x3z!&!z3x?:

Answer z!&!z

--------------------------

The ?: at the end of both Questions do not count as characters and this is where the confusion arises
Elaine Dixon

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hello Elaine

nice to join you AGAIN on the issue of registering for Lockheed Martin (LM) P3D support forum. And thank you, ONLY JUST NOW I get it! Yeah! It was my error of thinking ? (and : ) was a character.

We all have the nous to constantly manage security questions checks, PINS etc. This is the first time I recall being stumped (please don't torment me further by mentioning cricket!). I might not be alone.

Putting oneself "into other people's shoes" , I suggest LM tweaks the item in question. Instead of "What are the middle 5 ......?. Rather, Please type the middle 5 characters from >&<>@>@ (of course without a full-stop or apostrophe, question mark, colon etc at the end of this string of characters).

In my 7th decade, I can't promise you I wont find this "tricky" too. BUT I think your explanation will be of interest to folks wanting to register with LM's P3D Support Forum

I hope you agree with my praise and enthusiasm for the Unofficial P3D Forum at AVSIM. And of course, P3D is fantastic; the best platform to show off A2A airplanes.

Cheers,

Rod, Birmingham UK
Last edited by rod55 on 22 Dec 2017, 05:45, edited 3 times in total.

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

rod321 wrote:https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5242 ... t-version/

Hi JDW,

I hope the above link works for you. (If the link doesn't work then let me know and I'll have a think how best to write it). It might partly address your question; it might not. To cut the story shortish, I thought it would be wise to register to the P3D support forum primarily PROACTIVELY "just in case", and secondarily so I'd know about incremental updates.
The registration process wouldn't complete for me, for reasons I don't know. It just replied I was incorrectly answering application-form question/s. ???? So, a bit piddled off, I messaged the P3D forum in AVSIM. Then my critical message got somewhat censored or re-tuned by the administrator, re-titled and (very helpfully, I must say) rephrased around the incremental updating process.

So I never have succeeded in joining the P3D Support Forum, HOWEVER the UNOFFICIAL FORUM above (if my address for the link is valid) is really splendid; excellent contributors and advice (as well as less relevant stuff, of course)!

Any use?

Rod, Birmingham, UK
Thanks Ill try it out!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”