A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by Medtner »

Dogsbody55 wrote:I have to agree with Eric in that the level of activity on this forum has dropped off remarkably. I appreciate A2A's business situation this year, and I'm happy to wait for a great product, though I wonder what no releases in 2017 has done to their sales. However, it would be great if A2A could get back to releasing 2 planes per year in future. I agree some sort of hint as to the next release would be appreciated, but as long as something is released in the new year, I'm happy. All of that said, it's great that Scott has made a statement about the present state of affairs, and I for one am looking forward to next year. It could be an expensive one, especially if I upgrade to a 64 bit sim, as I may have to buy a new PC too.

To "TomLovesMustangs", I believe that a Hurricane has been requested, but the response was along the lines of "no planes for a Hurricane". Which I think is a shame.

On the Spitfire front, I agree a MkIX would be great, and I'd buy it for sure, but I wonder what effect this might have on sales of the MkI/II. Isn't a P3DV4 version of the early version in the wings, so to speak? Us existing customers/forum members might buy both, but would the wider market?? On the screenshot posted, is that a MkIXc or MkIXe?? Whoever painted/modelled it seems to be having a buck each way.

Cheers,
Mike
Regarding the Spitfire, I’m sure they will include all three models in one package.
And I was always one toy fly the MkI with the wooden propeller. Loved that airplane - and miss it sorely! :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

speedy70 wrote:But you don't have the spitfire yet!!!!!!

Cheers Chris
Oh but I do and I'd love to expand my virtual BBMF fleet.

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Pistonpilot wrote:
Daube wrote:Am I the only one in here missing the good old times when development updates were actually telling about what was being developed ?
I get that feeling, too, but I temper it with the understanding that releasing ANY information nowadays is taken as a set-in-stone promise. The disasterous sort of negative PR that comes with getting told "you PROMISED!" by disappointed customers when something unexpected happens or a plan changes is just how things are now in the wonderful world of the Internet. Seems like A2A plays its hand close to its chest because...well, that exactly what they're doing, so as to avoid having extremely dissatisfied customers wave an old forum post in their face when plans change.

For example, take the long-ago-mentioned A2A jets: my understanding is that A2A correctly realized they bit off more than they could chew at that moment. Producing a Century series jet at the same level of detail and fidelity as an A2A WWII warbird involves a lot of complicated systems modeling and management that doesn't exist in FSX/P3D, so A2A would have to build it from scratch without any stick time. Now they have to infinitely say "we will eventually" because they sort of said they'd do it once and admitting they've abandoned the idea now will get them flayed. Customers like promise-keeping, but they also tend to interpret what a promise is based on their own desires.

While I share the collective I-want-more enthusiasm and frustration of the community, I'm pretty happy with my current stable of A2A aircraft, so I'll just take this as an opportunity to enjoy what's already been released and remain hopeful that the next release will pique my interest as well!

-Ian C
Possibly the best way to look at these things is in realizing that A2A is a multi-role company that has interests in various areas of the community. In business, sometimes it happens that opportunity knocks and a step must be taken in one direction or another.
This year A2A had to make several decisions that required action in specific areas and they did so in the best interests of both A2A AND the sim community.
This doesn't mean we have gone back on a promise and it doesn't mean we have forgotten our aircraft development. We DO have aircraft in development. In fact the next several aircraft we will release will be ground breaking as far as Accusim is concerned. Trust me when I say the community will be "pleasantly surprised" at what we have been doing with Accusim.
So hang in there people. I know it's been awhile and everybody is anxious. There will be several things something coming in 2018 that I think will make you VERY happy.
Dudley Henriques
So I'm thinking their development breakthroughs may be concerning the ability to break the airspeed bug in FS, and that they may be finally developing supersonic ability, therefore, introducing the F-4 Phantom preceded by the F-104 Starfighter, both having been in development for some time.... IMHO, of course... and in my lifetime!!!
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

terrydew
Airman First Class

Post by terrydew »

After rereading Scott’s post, I don’t think the new project is an aircraft, but maybe an agreement to develop for one of the other flight sims like fsw? Just a guess.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

terrydew wrote:After rereading Scott’s post, I don’t think the new project is an aircraft, but maybe an agreement to develop for one of the other flight sims like fsw? Just a guess.
I think you'll find that A2A now have their fingers in a few pies, and one of those is developing a Spitfire for the Boultbee Simulator. You may be able to find reference to that on the bookface page, if you're part of that community.

However, on the subject of "The Next A2A Release", it appears that something is in the offing that has a choice of engine. Check this below. It was possibly going to be out before Christmas, but the consideration outlined in Scott's post pushed it back.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=61846

Enjoy the reading here, 4th post down, if you haven't already.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Scott seemed to say in that thread that 3 engines can be installed on the plane. I think it's a trijet.

Seriously, he seemed to say that you can choose between engines (perhaps similar to how you can choose between props on the existing AccuSim Spitfire for example).
If that's the case then I hope that (as someone put in that thread) each has it's own history and condition. So the first one could have a dodgy cylinder and 20 hours on it whereas the other 2 might be newer.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

It's funny how everyone has a different take on Scott's announcement. I just took it at face value, no more, no less. The A2A company is doing what is best for them in the long run, as they should and even though it will cause a delay in their next release their choices will improve our simming experience. I for one appreciate Scott telling us this so their customers have a better idea of the time frame for the next release and am not surprised because A2A has in the past showed us that they care about their customers, certainly more than most do.

Until they release their next product I have family, friends and a hangar full of aircraft to keep me busy in the meantime so prefer not to punish myself with anticipation.

Keep on keeping on A2A, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all. :)

I don't expect it but hope one of the aircraft you simulate in the future will be a B-18 or one of it's variants, it was a popular twin during it's time. :wink:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

terrydew wrote: I think you'll find that A2A now have their fingers in a few pies
Quoted for truth. A2A has a lot going on behind the scenes. It’s all good for customers, I can assure you.
ImageImage
ImageImage

plicpriest1
Airman

Post by plicpriest1 »

It was mentioned that there is some partnership type stuff? So guessing that it is something along the lines of knots2u or some other STC company. Perhaps just finalizing some legal wrangling.

Either way really excited. Especially if it will be in the GA world. My personal Fav!

Xordus
Airman Basic

Post by Xordus »

I keep hoping that one day A2A, (imo the best aircraft dev there is) will team up with the best Sim there is and produce a warbird for DCS.... I salivate at the thought of Accusim engine simulation coupled with the freedom of flight modeling offered by DCS. If there was a way to meld the A2A's P-51 engine with ED's P-51's Flight characteristics, I think it would be the best ww2 plane ever made. Putting A2A's B-17 into DCS would also be a dream come true.

I doubt this is what their secret announcement is, but a guy can dream...

xvii-Dietrich
Airman

Post by xvii-Dietrich »

Xordus wrote:I keep hoping that one day A2A, (imo the best aircraft dev there is) will team up with the best Sim there is and produce a warbird for DCS.... I salivate at the thought of Accusim engine simulation coupled with the freedom of flight modeling offered by DCS.
^ This.

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

I have three aircraft I hope the new releases are (Well at least one). As I already mentioned the Hawker Hurricane, Griffon powered Spitfire or maybe a P-51B,C.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

jeepinforfun wrote:It's funny how everyone has a different take on Scott's announcement.
Not me. I know that the opportunity they couldn't pass up is obviously a reference to a mint condition flyable Lancaster that someone found in the back of their garage. A2A must have borrowed it for a few months for flight testing. :D
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The 1954 Taylor Aerocar N-101D has been delayed until January? Color me disappointed. :(
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

jwirbs
Airman Basic

Post by jwirbs »

Hi Scott, I enjoyed watching your video on YouTube of your flight in the Cessna 182T (N6182F) at Bedford Ma. I did my high performance training in N6182F at Bedford as well. Was coll to see you fly it and get your thoughts in flight. A2A did a great job with their Cessna182T.
Thanks

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”