A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by Marvin-E34 »

787 or 737 MAX 10 :wink:

Mr.Mugel
Airman First Class

Post by Mr.Mugel »

An Accusim B-25 might make me consider getting a yoke. Long range capable, two engines to take care off, agile enough to pull off a good show and being able to operate from a glider field (Loved to see those machines at Hahnweide).

My gut tells me it isn´t that though. We´ll see. A new Accusim bird is allways good, no matter what it is, so keep it up! ;)
Kinda' like Accusim....

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Mr.Mugel wrote:An Accusim B-25 might make me consider getting a yoke. Long range capable, two engines to take care off, agile enough to pull off a good show and being able to operate from a glider field (Loved to see those machines at Hahnweide).

My gut tells me it isn´t that though. We´ll see. A new Accusim bird is allways good, no matter what it is, so keep it up! ;)
YOKO the Yoke ? :)

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

Ono, that yoke was awful.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

mattgn wrote:Ono, that yoke was awful.
It's a shame about the Yoko. It has great possibilities as a general flight sim yoke (aside from the price of course). I tested for Virtual-Fly

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
It's a shame about the Yoko. It has great possibilities as a general flight sim yoke (aside from the price of course). I tested for Virtual-Fly
My joke was so subtle that even Dudley didn't get it. I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud.
- G.K. Chesterton.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

mattgn wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
My joke was so subtle that even Dudley didn't get it. I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud.
I caught it and thought it was great!

Marco909
Airman First Class

Post by Marco909 »

Well if it must be a GA single (I'd rather have something with one or more radials, a jet or a turboprop), then a glass cockpit with a fully functional G1000 might tempt me. Either that or head in the opposite direction and give us a Super Cub, or a Carbon Cub. Or a Yak-52. Or a, oh...no wonder I've spent so much on this...

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I really hope its a GA twin. This would be the next logical step in the GA line, which has been very popular so far. I would say it would more likely be a Piper twin than a Cessna twin, (although I would appreciate a Cessna twin more than Piper - but whatever twin it is i'd take it!)

Apart from GA, they might go down the 'Berlin airlift' transport kinda route if we are thinking of a vintage airliner again. Would LOVE to see an Accusim DC-2/3/4, although PMDG has the market for the DC-6, A2A probably wouldn't spend the time and money trying to compete there, thats a solid DC-6 that PMDG built!! (Although PMDG don't have Accusim....so....)

Lancaster.....well... :( I think the only developer so far thats going to give us a Lanc in P3Dv4 is Aeroplane Heaven, and thats not looking too bad, obviously up against A2A its not worth it BUT....if its all we got, its all we got!

To cut a long story short. WHATEVER it is that A2A is giving us, ill be in the line!!!
ImageImage

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

It will be GA, single engine. It may have forced induction of some sort. If so, I'm in the line. That said, I'd love to see a GA twin. I seriously doubt it will be a war bird.

Just sayin'.
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

mattgn wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
You're right. I missed the joke :-)

What I started to say was that I tested for VF. The throttle works beautifully. They sent me the Yoko to test as well. Before it arrived and in my dialog with them I discovered the Yoko has no view hat. You can use the trim buttons but that requires their driver and it's a two step function using only two axis of view. I told them that in my opinion the Yoko would have an extremely limited market share in the desktop simulator community due not only to the price but also due to the lack of an 8 point view hat on the Yoko. Their marketing people didn't agree with this. The result is that I have an unopened box here containing a $1000 yoke that will never see the light of day.
It's a shame really. Their quality is second to none; beautiful hardware ! But in my opinion not marketable to the desktop simulator community without that 8 point view hat.
As the Yoko stands now, you either have to own or purchase TrackIR or use the two trim buttons to get a severely restricted two function/two axis view capability which requires first performing an action that nullifies the trim function then another action to obtain the 2 axis view capability. AND, this requires the VF driver so plug and play denies you ANY view function on the yoke.
It's complicated but in my opinion a deal breaker as a desktop yoke choice for the general flight simulator community.
Dudley Henriques

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

You know it's my birthday coming up Dudley.....
And once you use a VR headset, I guess the view functions of a hat switch become redundant.
- G.K. Chesterton.

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

What I started to say was that I tested for VF. The throttle works beautifully. They sent me the Yoko to test as well. Before it arrived and in my dialog with them I discovered the Yoko has no view hat. You can use the trim buttons but that requires their driver and it's a two step function using only two axis of view. I told them that in my opinion the Yoko would have an extremely limited market share in the desktop simulator community due not only to the price but also due to the lack of an 8 point view hat on the Yoko. Their marketing people didn't agree with this. The result is that I have an unopened box here containing a $1000 yoke that will never see the light of day.
It's a shame really. Their quality is second to none; beautiful hardware ! But in my opinion not marketable to the desktop simulator community without that 8 point view hat.
As the Yoko stands now, you either have to own or purchase TrackIR or use the two trim buttons to get a severely restricted two function/two axis view capability which requires first performing an action that nullifies the trim function then another action to obtain the 2 axis view capability. AND, this requires the VF driver so plug and play denies you ANY view function on the yoke.
It's complicated but in my opinion a deal breaker as a desktop yoke choice for the general flight simulator community.
Dudley Henriques
What would you recommand for a good Yoke ?
So far i've made all the wrong decisions hardware-wise: G940, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke ...

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

So far i've made all the wrong decisions hardware-wise: G940, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke ...[/quote]

Saitek Pro flight yoke is not so bad ; better is - very- most expensive ! 8)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Marvin-E34 wrote:

Dudley Henriques
So far i've made all the wrong decisions hardware-wise: G940, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke ...
I'm probably not the best guy to handle a yoke recommendation as I use a Warthog. I have however tested several yokes and of all of them I would choose the CH over the Saitek at the lower price end of the price range.
DH

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”