Proper way to load A2A Accu-sim aircraft

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Proper way to load A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Post by crippy »

Hello again!

I have read back through several manuals regarding recommend simulator settings. One question that I still have is this: What is the best way to load an Accu-Sim aircraft?

In FSX I had a saved flight with an A2A aircraft set as the default flight.

With P3D this causes some minor issues in the settings of the sim over time. So I have began loading a saved non-default flight, and then using the ALT menu -> time and re-setting the date / time to current.

I liked doing it these ways because it would leave my aircraft parked exactly where I left it.

But is it better to select the aircraft from the main menu and then load it in with the current date / time??

Thank you!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Proper way to load A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Post by AKar »

This is an interesting question really.

Under P3D, I've altered the default flight by only cold&dark'n the airplane, and saved as default.

After that, I simply load the A2A (or other) airplane directly from the menu to the location and time of choice, without actually spawning a default plane. There had been some minor discrepancies against spawning a default plane first, namely, the HSI card alignment and such, but other than that, no really ill effects.

-Esa

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Been using the exact same method of loading up Accusim and non-A2A/Accusim aircraft & flights as long as I can remember.

I want every flight to load with the last aircraft I flew, sitting exactly where I left it, after doing a complete cold & dark shut down from the previous flight.

When I go to fly the next time, I wait until the previous aircraft/flight/location has completely reloaded, before switching aircraft if I want to fly something different.

Resetting the time and date is the very last thing I do before pre-flight and start up. If the pre-flight involves using any menu that "stops time", I'll reset the time again, just prior to taxi.

Note: Some still recommend loading one of the sim default flights or aircraft first, but personally I have never done this or found it neccesary. That goes for my regular relaxed flying, and throughout all of the A2A beta testing flights since day one. On this item, I think it's whatever works best for each pilot, sim setup, and system.
Last edited by FAC257 on 09 Dec 2017, 10:46, edited 3 times in total.
FAC257

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

I never save any default flight in P3D. I start in Scenario Setup by checking the box, "Show on startup" on the lower right" Then I select airport. Aircraft, time of day, etc. and go. Never ever have a problem with any aircraft.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi crippy.

I used to do the same as you in FSX. In P3d, my default flight is a default aircraft parked at my local airport. I load that first and switch to whatever I fancy flying. Or, I use WAMA (Where Are My Aircraft) to switch to one of my other aircraft that are parked in various places throughout the world.

Steve.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
In FSX i always select the aircraft i aim to fly in free flight , the trick i find is once selected in free flight , wait till aircraft starts to turn in the free flight preview box , before spawnning at the airport , never had issues yet doing it this way .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”