Chances of Release Before Christmas?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Cessna781
Airman

Chances of Release Before Christmas?

Post by Cessna781 »

Title says it all. Wondering what our chances of a release before Christmas are?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Chances of Release Before Christmas?

Post by Killratio »

Cessna,

What are you in for, how long have you served and have you behaved well?

Of course I'd also need your psychiatric reports.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

:D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

I'm going to guess December 20th we will get something. :)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

twsharp12 wrote:I'm going to guess December 20th we will get something. :)
Is that a Monday???? :P :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I’d like to think chances are good for a release before 2018 but I could also be living in a bubble.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

The Spit will be delivered to all the good little boys and girls on Christmas morning. The naughty ones get the Cri-Cri.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Cessna781 wrote:Title says it all. Wondering what our chances of a release before Christmas are?
There are usually new 2 planes releases in a year from what I can see, and also at leat one from Aircraft factory.

2017 has had 0 new plane releases.....so far. And I mean *new* plane, NOT something just made compatabable with p3Dv4.

Of course a Dec 31st release would count for 2017 :D. From the outside this does not look good and because there are no more in development videos like A2A used to do. Either A2A is not doing well enough to make new or they have been busy doing things for P3Dv4 compatability, or some other reason.

Accu-sim is of course updated but that is not what this thread is talking about.

Either way, not saying anything or words like "soon" or "there are things planned" are, in the end, replies but not answers.

I am completely surprised that so far, 0 new releases as far as new planes from either A2A or Aircraft Factory so far.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Hasn't anybody learned yet that crystal balls don't work on A2A. So put them away!

20th is a Wednesday.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Not telling any tales to say that the Spitfire is in heavy Beta testing. Further than that, I could tell you ... but then I would have to kill you. Then somebody would have to kill me and that just leads to the whole "revenge killing" thing...which, frankly, just isn't worth the legal problems ... unless it involves spouses ... or people that annoy me ... or Synchronised Swimmers ... or Justin Bieber :wink:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Killratio wrote:Not telling any tales to say that the Spitfire is in heavy Beta testing. Further than that, I could tell you ... but then I would have to kill you. Then somebody would have to kill me and that just leads to the whole "revenge killing" thing...which, frankly, just isn't worth the legal problems ... unless it involves spouses ... or people that annoy me ... or Synchronised Swimmers ... or Justin Bieber :wink:
Yeah, yeah. You've been swanning around in it for yonks while the rest of us have had to have lobotomies. Swine!

And what's not to like about Justin Bieber?

Oh, I see what you mean. :roll:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Killratio wrote:Not telling any tales to say that the Spitfire is in heavy Beta testing. Further than that, I could tell you ... but then I would have to kill you. Then somebody would have to kill me and that just leads to the whole "revenge killing" thing...which, frankly, just isn't worth the legal problems ... unless it involves spouses ... or people that annoy me ... or Synchronised Swimmers ... or Justin Bieber :wink:
One question. Seriously. Who is Justin Bieber?

<Does a quick search.>

Ah!.. that, um, person.

Understood.

Hmph! Now I have to forget him all over again. :|

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Seriously though. Scott posted a while back, that they are going through the process of creating new installers with new software. Besides any beta testing, any new compiler system will have to be learnt and mastered before release. Add to that the recruitment drive just before and it becomes plain, that new personnel will also have to be indoctrinated into the system, to assure quality of output. Once one product is released, I expect others will follow much more quickly. Although, I could be completely wrong of course. :wink:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Ron Attwood wrote: Yeah, yeah. You've been swanning around in it for yonks while the rest of us have had to have lobotomies. Swine!
It's not all beer and skittles here you know Ron. Do really think I have fun test flying the Spitfire for hours and hours...having to constantly look at and feel how she is going in V4? Endlessly swooping and diving, flying her right to the edge. Listening to make sure that beautiful Merlin sings along just perfectly in a yellow red burning sunset while the light off the clouds bounces on that beautiful big elliptical wing????

It can be pure hell ...but we go through it..just for YOU. Sometimes I wonder why we bother :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Killratio on 15 Nov 2017, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Killratio wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote: Yeah, yeah. You've been swanning around in it for yonks while the rest of us have had to have lobotomies. Swine!
It's not all beer and skittles here you know Ron. Do really think I have fun test flying the Spitfire for hours and hours...having to constantly look at and feel how she is going in V4? Endlessly swooping and diving, flying her right to the edge. Listening to make sure that beautiful Merlin sings along just perfectly in a yellow red burning sunset while the light off the clouds bounces on that beautiful big elliptical wing????

It can be pure hell ...but we go through it..just for YOU. Sometimes I wonder why we bother :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
One of my most vivid memories when I was active flying was one day when I showed up at the flight office tired. Somebody asked me if I was going to fly the Mustang. I said no, that I just wasn't in the mood. If I live a hundred years I'll never forget the look on his face when I said that. It was as though he was saying, "You mean to tell me there's a Mustang out there on the ramp and you don't FEEL like flying it"? LOL
He just couldn't believe that this was even possible ! :-))))))))))
Dudley

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”