What Are You Hoping Santa Is Bringing to your Hangar at Xmas

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

What Are You Hoping Santa Is Bringing to your Hangar at Xmas

Post by Gabe777 »

I'll start.

The A2A Cherokee AND the A2A Comanche

A sled load of FTX scenery ! (500 bucks worth ! - Shhhhh..... my Missis doesn't understand the concept of 'half price', AND a very weak Aussie dollar !

Happy Holidays !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: What Are You Hoping Santa Is Bringing to your Hangar at

Post by Ron Attwood »

IF there was a Santa he'd bring me the A2A Spitfire, but as there is no such person, ipso facto there will be no Spitfire. :cry:
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

I'm hoping to get the A2A P-51 military from Santa this year.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Let's make the trio full and request the Me 109, too!
What say you? (Preferably with a better solution for the flaps control).
I'll switch on my P3D - PC on Christmas Eve... you never know, maybe the trio miraculously appears over night.
One can hope, after all.
Merry X-Mas flying to you all!
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Ron Attwood wrote:IF there was a Santa he'd bring me the A2A Spitfire, but as there is no such person, ipso facto there will be no Spitfire. :cry:
Why you no have a Spitfire ? Save 5 quid a month and you can have one by next August Bank Holiday !

Problem I have with fighters, is they are not so great in terms of scenery blurries. You have to hit the gas, you cannot resist, and my sim turns into porridge !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Gabe777 wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote:IF there was a Santa he'd bring me the A2A Spitfire, but as there is no such person, ipso facto there will be no Spitfire. :cry:
Why you no have a Spitfire ? Save 5 quid a month and you can have one by next August Bank Holiday !

Problem I have with fighters, is they are not so great in terms of scenery blurries. You have to hit the gas, you cannot resist, and my sim turns into porridge !
I'm talking about the Spitfire for P3Dv4. And I don't need to save for it! If your sim turns to porridge, you must be on FSX and your settings are too high for the kit you have.
:roll:

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'd like a new PC so that I can run P3DV4, but that's not going to happen. The upside of that is that when I can afford one later next year (I hope), then at least I'll be able to buy the A2A Spitfire and maybe even the P-47 for it.

However this year, I have decided to cancel Christmas, as the new A2A release also got cancelled. I'll have mine when A2A release their next GA plane or warbird for FSX, assuming that's what is to be released.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Yes, I am still on FSX, but I am referring to my Tornado, to be fair. Over Mach 1 and any sim will probably have trouble keeping up... and as you approach Mach 1.8 at 4000ft over Snowdonia, you are asking for trouble: but, that is where the fun is !

I guess the A2A WW2/mid 20th Century fighter planes aren't quite that fast.

I cannot give up my FSX-only planes or my scenery apps just yet, so P3D will have to wait a while.

I run a Kaylake i5 7600k at 4.2 Ghz and a GTX 1060 6Gb, on a Samsung 850 Evo. Unfortunately, FSX just suxx and always will !

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Gabe777 wrote:and as you approach Mach 1.8 at 4000ft over Snowdonia
Oh my...at that speed I wouldn't be surprised if you were loosing airframe parts faster than scenery loading performance. :shock:

-Esa

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

AKar wrote:
Gabe777 wrote:and as you approach Mach 1.8 at 4000ft over Snowdonia
Oh my...at that speed I wouldn't be surprised if you were loosing airframe parts faster than scenery loading performance. :shock:

-Esa
Lol..... I have the Hawk as well, which just about hits 3 to 400 mph, but when you have a Tornado, you are like a kid at Xmas ! And no fighter plane deserves to be flown at FL300.

I managed to get the Tornado to about 50 000 feet, just out of interest.....took about an hour..... and the curvature of the Earth somewhat negated any blurries !

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Santa said he's not picking up anything new from A2A this Christmas, so I'm getting nothing. :(

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Some more ram and an SSD. Then I can give P3D a try.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

That is partly why I am delaying P3D switch.... I want to enjoy it in all its glory. I havecseen videos of it using 6 cores..... not often, but when it matters. And those eye candy sliders, will be very tempting.

I only bought an i5 7600k a few months ago, but alrwady I am looking at the 8700k..... 6 cores with 12 threads. Reckon that will be the sweet spot for a good while.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

As Ron Attwood says, there is no Santa. There's A2A, however, and they've postponed the presents a few weeks.

In the meantime I have taken the santa-role upon myself and have the MFG Crosswinds on the way aaaaand the Brunner CLS-E yoke (force feedback).
It'll be a good time in my simulator, learning the A2A GA-planes with much improved controls.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Medtner wrote:
In the meantime I have taken the santa-role upon myself and have the MFG Crosswinds on the way aaaaand the Brunner CLS-E yoke (force feedback).
It'll be a good time in my simulator, learning the A2A GA-planes with much improved controls.
You WILL be a happy bunny. :lol:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”