CDWT Hellcat . Worth It ? FSX Compatable ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
8thFG
Airman First Class

CDWT Hellcat . Worth It ? FSX Compatable ?

Post by 8thFG »

I am a Grumman nut and I found the info on the CDWT Hellcat. Is it worth it ? Certainly has excellent screen shot jpegs. Anyone know if it is FSX compatable. I want to stay loyal to Shockwave but until they get a chance to issue some Cats this may have to do . javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Yes, it is worth it! It can be a bit tough on framerates but it's an outstanding bird. Since WoP continues to ignore plee's for a Naval aircraft the CWTD Hellkitty more than fills the void! I have it and continue to enjoy it........go for it!! S/F MudMarine

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

CDWT Hellcat

Post by cflord »

Bob or mudmarine,

I am also a big fan of the U.S. Navy WWII fighters. Where can I get the CDWT Hellcat? Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt C-130 Flight Engineer :?:

jkcook28
Airman First Class

Post by jkcook28 »

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

CDWT Hellcat

Post by cflord »

John,

Thanks for letting me know where to get the Hellcat.

Ret SMSgt C-130 Flight Engineer :lol:

8thFG
Airman First Class

Post by 8thFG »

Well I got the F6F. It flys kind of funky compared to the shockwave stuff. Not what I had hoped.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Funky??? What did you expect and hope for? Give it a chance!! I measure each plane on it's own merits. If I compared everything to WoP then I'd be missing out on some good planes, payware and freeware because it doesn't reach WoP standards. I think the CWDT Hellcat is an outstanding plane and I personally enjoy it just as much as my WoP planes; probably more because of it's naval aviation background. Some peoples expections are just.....?? S/F MudMarine

8thFG
Airman First Class

Post by 8thFG »

F6F keeps running out of gas prematurely based on power settings, flys heavier than the P47 which doesnt make alot of sense. I too love Naval Aviation as I was enlisted Aircrew in Helos for 8 years and grew up in a Naval Aviation and Eighth AirForce Family. Also have interest in Grumman since my uncle worked on production line of F6F and F7F/F8F.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

CWDT F6F Hellcat

Post by cflord »

Hey Guys,

I finally got around to purchasing the CWDT F6F Hellcat after watching "Dogfights" on the History channel the other night. The TV show was about the Dogfights that took place between the Hellcat and the Zero in WWII.

Anyway, the CWDT Hellcat flys great on my computer in FS2004. I noticed some of you had problems with the Hellcat that I do not seem to have. Do you all have the update file that is out for the Hellcat? If not that may be your problem. When I downloaded the CWDT Hellcat from SimMarket it came with the basic exe file of approximately 62-63 MB and a second update exe file of approximately 18 MB.

I wish WoP would come out with a combination of the following WWII Naval airplanes:

Bombers: Douglas TBD-1 Devastator, Grumman TBF-1 Avenger, Douglas SBD Dauntless, and the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver.

Fighters: Grumman F4F Wildcat, Grumman F6F Hellcat, Grumman F8F Bearcat, and the Chance-Vought F4U Corsair.

I also believe that it is not beyond WoP's capability to make a few working Aircraft Carriers like the USS Hornet and USS Wasp.

Hey WoP, we have the Battle of Britin and the up coming Flying Tigers; how about the "Battle in the Pacific" with all the planes and carriers fighting it out from both sides.

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer 8)

8thFG
Airman First Class

Post by 8thFG »

I second that emotion.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

CWDT F6F Fuel Burn

Post by cflord »

8thFG,

I was flying over the Pacific Ocean with the CWDT F6F and I noticed the fuel burn seemed a little fast. I started with full wing tanks and a full reserve tank (No drop tank) and I ran out of fuel in 1 hour and 40 minutes and had to ditch! I believe the real F6F had better range than this. I still enjoy flying the CWDT F6F just the same.

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :)

jaffa
Airman

Re: CWDT F6F Hellcat

Post by jaffa »

cflord wrote:Hey Guys,

I finally got around to purchasing the CWDT F6F Hellcat after watching "Dogfights" on the History channel the other night. The TV show was about the Dogfights that took place between the Hellcat and the Zero in WWII.

Anyway, the CWDT Hellcat flys great on my computer in FS2004. I noticed some of you had problems with the Hellcat that I do not seem to have. Do you all have the update file that is out for the Hellcat? If not that may be your problem. When I downloaded the CWDT Hellcat from SimMarket it came with the basic exe file of approximately 62-63 MB and a second update exe file of approximately 18 MB.

I wish WoP would come out with a combination of the following WWII Naval airplanes:

Bombers: Douglas TBD-1 Devastator, Grumman TBF-1 Avenger, Douglas SBD Dauntless, and the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver.

Fighters: Grumman F4F Wildcat, Grumman F6F Hellcat, Grumman F8F Bearcat, and the Chance-Vought F4U Corsair.

I also believe that it is not beyond WoP's capability to make a few working Aircraft Carriers like the USS Hornet and USS Wasp.

Hey WoP, we have the Battle of Britin and the up coming Flying Tigers; how about the "Battle in the Pacific" with all the planes and carriers fighting it out from both sides.

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer 8)
Have you tried IL2/Pacific Fighters yet? THey have SBD's as well as F6F's and most japanese planes as well. ALso you can dogfight against them.
Lets not forget the carrier landings.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

IL2 Pacific Fighters

Post by cflord »

Jeffa,

Thanks for the information on IL2 Pacific Fighters. I do not have it yet; but I intent to look into it.

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”