East Haddam - Goodspeed CT - Airport Photography ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

It seems Bill Womack is seriously interested in making Goodspeed Airport in CT - he’s seeking help photographing the airport for textures - my plane in down - replacing the engine - or I’d swing over myself.... Would anyone happen to live near East Haddam CT, have a camera, and be willing to do some legwork taking pictures ? Honestly - due to lighting and the number of buildings - living near the site would be the best choice anyway...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: East Haddam - Goodspeed CT - Airport Photography ?

Post by Medtner »

I'd think it would be a good father and son-trip for the Gentiles? Have Cpt. Jake get more stick time and Scott getting some shots?

Maybe do it in the Comanche 400 too?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Ugh, I was just in that area last weekend by Chester (KSNC). I took up a colleague for their first flight in a piston prop.

Wx is going to be poor for the coming weekend. I can head up there in the 182T on the 2nd in the afternoon, wx permitting.

You're welcome to join me as I'm all thumbs when it comes to photography. You can experience the true power of the glass side. :)
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Hah - enthusiasm - now that’s what I’m talking about...

If you’re willing and you wouldn’t mind a hitchhiker - I’d be very happy to accompany you - I’d gladly cover half the gas... It’s been a while since I’ve been in a Skylane and I’ve been toying with the idea of possibly upgrading to more load capacity than my Sundowner can handle... Would you be passing anywhere near KMGJ/KMSV ?

I think Bill uses the textures to actually skin his models - so the best days for model photography are those with a bit of an overcast which makes soft shadows... It will take some work, walking, and time to get all the pictures needed... It would be nice to have participated in getting an airport we like in the sim...

I’ll check with Bill and make sure he’s rock solid before we seriously commit in time and cash...

I’ve got plans to get my BFR done this weekend in a buddies Comanche as well - so we have a little time to plan...

Very kind of you - sir...

Regards,
Scott

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm based at KCDW, so I'm just a short hop away from either place. KMGJ is a little more enroute.

See, I wouldn't have known about the overcast to limit shadows. Obvious, now that you mention it.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

That is one of my favorite airports in CT. I just went there the other day with my wife (and dog Chloe). I'll shoot a text out to Bill and see if I could assist in capturing pictures.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Oracle,

KMGJ - works fine for me - used to be my home drome until I found out the hangar rentals at KMSV are half the price... Fortunately I live midway between both...

Hah - yeah - used to build airports in FS9 so I’ve done a bit of texturing...

Hi Scott,

Man - if we could set this up for the 2nd - it sure would be nice to meet you and see your bird that we all know so well - make it an A2A lunch/fly-in ? We could split the photography workload even more... Just a thought... Weather permitting...

Regards,
Scott

Last edited by scottb613 on 16 Nov 2017, 09:57, edited 3 times in total.

spotlope
Airman

Post by spotlope »

I'm tickled there's such high-profile interest in Goodspeed! Yes, we're very much interested in adding this airport and area to our New England airports series. I think it'd make a great fit. And huge thanks to Scott for offering to photograph it. If we can get some good shots/vids, it will most definitely go on the production schedule.
Bill Womack

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It's that special an airport!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Weather for this Saturday is looking promising. I'm assuming no one has gone out to take pictures yet?

I have some annual recurrent training in the AM, but plan to start heading out there before lunchtime.

Tomesk
Senior Airman

Post by Tomesk »

ORBX just announced KSNC Chester, CT. New England is starting to fill up with some quality add-ons.
ImageImage

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Yep - Chester looks good too...

We’ll see if we can get some good pix of Goodspeed...

Regards,
Scott

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

If anyone wants to meet at Goodspeed,(or any airport nearby) text here or PM me. We can do a mega photo shoot of the airport and town.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Scott and I dropped in on Saturday to take photographs. We're going to be compiling them to send over to Bill once we get a breather.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Yep - I would have liked meeting you A2A guys...

Yeah - we can send the batch we took to Bill (haven’t reviewed mine yet) - he may need a follow up - so perhaps Scott an co can bat cleanup after Bill reviews what we have... I’m sure he’ll probably need more or something redone...

My first time in a G1000 equipped aircraft courtesy of “Oracle” - pretty darn impressive and those T model Skylanes have some serious get up and go (0-360 pilot)... The G1000 is a completely different world than flying a traditional six pack - so much information a mere key press away... A fun and much appreciated flight/demonstration... Nailed the landing at Goodspeed - nice job !

Regards,
Scott

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”