Chances of Release Before Christmas?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Chances of Release Before Christmas?

Post by Killratio »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
One of my most vivid memories when I was active flying was one day when I showed up at the flight office tired. Somebody asked me if I was going to fly the Mustang. I said no, that I just wasn't in the mood. If I live a hundred years I'll never forget the look on his face when I said that. It was as though he was saying, "You mean to tell me there's a Mustang out there on the ramp and you don't FEEL like flying it"? LOL
He just couldn't believe that this was even possible ! :-))))))))))
Dudley
I probably would have just shot you on the spot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Killratio wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
One of my most vivid memories when I was active flying was one day when I showed up at the flight office tired. Somebody asked me if I was going to fly the Mustang. I said no, that I just wasn't in the mood. If I live a hundred years I'll never forget the look on his face when I said that. It was as though he was saying, "You mean to tell me there's a Mustang out there on the ramp and you don't FEEL like flying it"? LOL
He just couldn't believe that this was even possible ! :-))))))))))
Dudley
I probably would have just shot you on the spot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Killratio wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote: Yeah, yeah. You've been swanning around in it for yonks while the rest of us have had to have lobotomies. Swine!
It's not all beer and skittles here you know Ron. Do really think I have fun test flying the Spitfire for hours and hours...having to constantly look at and feel how she is going in V4? Endlessly swooping and diving, flying her right to the edge. Listening to make sure that beautiful Merlin sings along just perfectly in a yellow red burning sunset while the light off the clouds bounces on that beautiful big elliptical wing????

It can be pure hell ...but we go through it..just for YOU. Sometimes I wonder why we bother :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now I feel like a piece of s**t! I am humbled, please accept my apologies and heartfelt thanks. :(
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

That’s exactly why I never wanted a career in aviation. When you do something for a living you become so used to it that it almost loses its wonder. I love flying and would never want it to feel like a burden.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

n421nj wrote:That’s exactly why I never wanted a career in aviation. When you do something for a living you become so used to it that it almost loses its wonder. I love flying and would never want it to feel like a burden.
Hmm... Did I miss something? Weren't these two guys just mocking us? :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Ron Attwood wrote:
Killratio wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote: Yeah, yeah. You've been swanning around in it for yonks while the rest of us have had to have lobotomies. Swine!

Sometimes I wonder why we bother :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now I feel like a piece of s**t! I am humbled, please accept my apologies and heartfelt thanks. :(
Well Ron, in that case, I forgive you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Working towards it for sure 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Medtner wrote:
n421nj wrote:That’s exactly why I never wanted a career in aviation. When you do something for a living you become so used to it that it almost loses its wonder. I love flying and would never want it to feel like a burden.
Hmm... Did I miss something? Weren't these two guys just mocking us? :-P

Don't you just love the internet? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Seriously, your observation is an astute one. If you fly long enough, especially if you fly professionally, you reach a point where the airplane becomes simply a tool that you use to perform your work.
In accident investigation this psychological transition is often a consideration in the human factors evaluation process for a pilot following an accident.
Dudley Henriques

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:

I think that can happen even if you don't fly professionally. My father was involved in GA and sport aviation his entire adult life and never lost interest. I lost interest early on as flying in a congested metropolitan area became too much of a hassle and too stressful. My dad told me years after I gave it up that It might have been different had I chose a different location for a home airport and perhaps a sportier airplane. I think temperament is also a factor. Might be something to think about for the newer guys to real world flying.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

dvm wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:

I think that can happen even if you don't fly professionally. My father was involved in GA and sport aviation his entire adult life and never lost interest. I lost interest early on as flying in a congested metropolitan area became too much of a hassle and too stressful. My dad told me years after I gave it up that It might have been different had I chose a different location for a home airport and perhaps a sportier airplane. I think temperament is also a factor. Might be something to think about for the newer guys to real world flying.
Yes. The reason for the "especially if professional" is simply the frequency involved with the flight environment. And yes, temperament is absolutely a factor.
DH

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Working towards it for sure 8)

thanks,
Lewis
How many engines does it have?

Can't blame a guy for tryin. :D

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

AviationAtWar

It has a carefully calculated number of engines which will deliver power within a matrix of performance oriented goals equating to
achieved and observable parameters applying to aircraft outside of any simulated world and more particularly limited to
what constitutes readily experienced sensory feedback, physical effect and passage of time, all of which we might loosely describe as the "extant world".

I do hope that answers your enquiry?

Darryl

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Yeah, I think so? I'm now almost certain it's this.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Just for pity's sake DON'T tell anyone. You'll get me in hot water!!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”