Some A2A aircrafts lag

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
boilerhead
Airman

Some A2A aircrafts lag

Post by boilerhead »

Hello,
I have problem with some aircrafts.
THIS : T-6 Texan (not extra, but lags, from outside it's worse)
P-51 Mil., Civ. (Only from outside)
Comanche 250 (little lag, but this is acceptable)
L-049 Constellation (like a T-6)

Yes, I have poor PC. I run on Intel HD 1000 :D :D BUT : Settings what are use for aircrafts is MAX DETAILED aircraft.

I'm surprised how B-17G , P-40, Spitfire and other planes don't lag on max settings , no lag , really ! :o
Why then T-6 or P-51 lags? It's newest or highly detailed textures? I don't know. Is there way to reduce the lag without
buying new PC for this amazing A2A aircrafts? :D :D Thank you for answer ! 8)

There is one problem I have for P-51 w/Accu-Sim (I read the discussion about it but still don't know solution)
P-51 is uncontrollable on take-off. Yes I'm doing all right (manual) . There is a video from other guy who have that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ugbM1lzgtg&t=153s at 02:20 and still don't know solution :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Some A2A aircrafts lag

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

lag is an ms response when online, can you better describe what you mean by lag as I think you are using the wrong word to describe an issue.

If its performance then you have the answer in your question unfortunately, your setup doesn't meet the spec for FSX so you wont get the correct performance. For the P-51, thats best to post in the P-51 tech support forums, its normally pilot technique is the issue.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
What scenery do you have , and what is your scenery settings , and using shift+z what is your frame rates , and what sim are you using , if FSX+acceleration or FSXSE , then have you got any mods in the FSX.CFG file like highmem fix and affinitymask 14 , these help performance , if you are using P3Dv3/4 then i believe these are not needed but some still use these in P3D.
regards alan. 8)

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

lag is an ms response when online, can you better describe what you mean by lag as I think you are using the wrong word to describe an issue.

If its performance then you have the answer in your question unfortunately, your setup doesn't meet the spec for FSX so you wont get the correct performance. For the P-51, thats best to post in the P-51 tech support forums, its normally pilot technique is the issue.

thanks,
Lewis
Hello, yes I mean performance. But I'm surprised B-17 or Spitfire is OK for example. Game running well without lag, but when I change Texan, FPS is horrible :(
But thanks for reply :)

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
What scenery do you have , and what is your scenery settings , and using shift+z what is your frame rates , and what sim are you using , if FSX+acceleration or FSXSE , then have you got any mods in the FSX.CFG file like highmem fix and affinitymask 14 , these help performance , if you are using P3Dv3/4 then i believe these are not needed but some still use these in P3D.
regards alan. 8)
Hi, all I use is stock scenery on medium settings. Aircrafts MAX. All running well without lag (Stock or A2A B-17) .
FPS go down when for example I change the Texan. It's so laggy, but B-17 not? How ? :lol:
FSX Acceleration is that, what I use :) and thanks for reply , I look on that conf.ini

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Its not an ini file , it is fsx.CFG file that needs affinitymask 14 and highmem fix adding to it , you edit the file using notepad.
It can be found in my system in :-
local disk (c:)\users\asus\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX then look for fsx.CFG and open in notepad
add these two lines at top:-
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

then look for title [GRAPHICS]
add the following line below title:-

HIGHMEMFIX=1

save and exit.
regards alan. 8)

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
Its not an ini file , it is fsx.CFG file that needs affinitymask 14 and highmem fix adding to it , you edit the file using notepad.
It can be found in my system in :-
local disk (c:)\users\asus\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX then look for fsx.CFG and open in notepad
add these two lines at top:-
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

then look for title [GRAPHICS]
add the following line below title:-

HIGHMEMFIX=1

save and exit.
regards alan. 8)
Hello, HIGHMEMFIXwas 1 , but I can't find [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask in my fsx.fcg (I looked at it 50 times and there's not AffinityMask) :cry:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=###

isn't natively included in the cfg and has to be added manually. But you should carefully read about it, there are many many topics on the avsim forums and some more opinions.

there are several more issues with FSX that may cause stutters even with a high end system. just google for FSX tweaks and read through the forums.. highmemfix is absolutely necessary, but there is also the jobscheduler, but also FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, bufferpools, FPS limiters and more that can help your system to smooth...

To the guy on the video in the first posting: he should have emptied the rear fuel tank as long as he isn't familiar with the mustang..

But IF you have some money left, you might really consider getting a new PC ;-P

Cheers,
Marc

PS:I have commented on the video, are you Samuel? maybe the explanation might help you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

tweaks wouldn't do much as you are still trying to run the sim below even min specs, with no graphics card. Best bet is to simply upgrade when able, by adding a graphics card to the system.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”