Clearing out V3

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Clearing out V3

Post by Mickel »

Folks

Now that I have no need for P3DV3, do I need to uninstall the relevant A2A planes in there before uninstalling the sim? I'm assuming so. I don't want to simply uninstall V3 and have various tentacles from complex add-ons loose in the system. Also, do you think it's worth backing up the logs first? I've still got all of the aircraft in either FSX or V4, so don't want to inadvertently lose them.

Cheers

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Clearing out V3

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Yeah, if you're finished with v3 of Prepar3D then it probably makes sense to uninstall your add-ons and then the host sim. However, it shouldn't make much difference either way to be honest.

As regards the "A2A" folder in "My Documents" by all means make a backup, but the A2A uninstallers won't touch these files as they didn't install them in the first place. Instead they're generated by the add-ons themselves.

After you've uninstallled P3Dv3 just manually delete any leftover directories.

Cheers,
Nick

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

There are some folders on your system disk you will probably have to delete manually. First thing to do is make sure your folder Options are set to show hidden folders. Then...

On your Windows system disc, (usually C:) go into, C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin and delete the folder Prepar3D v3.

If you have v4 already installed, there will also be a separate folder labelled Prepar3D v4 so DO NOT delete that one.

Then again, on your Windows system disc, go into C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin and delete the folder Prepar3D v3. Again, if it's there, do not delete the one for v4.

Once more, on your Windows system disc, go into C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin and delete the folder Prepar3D v3. Ignoring once more, any folder for v4.

There are also two folders in 'Your Documents' folder that you can delete if you are finished with them. 'Prepar3D v3 Add-ons' and 'Prepar3D v3 Files'. The first should no longer be relevant but the second, may contain old flight plans you may want to keep.

Apologies if this is 'teaching Grandma to suck eggs'. :lol:

All the best.
Steve.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Thanks guys.

No egg sucking going on. I'd rather that than not know about one crucial step. :)
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, standard is uninstall what you can add-on wise. Then the platform, then do the manual mop up of whats left.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”