Indoor skydiving any of you guys do this it looks fun

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Indoor skydiving any of you guys do this it looks fun

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Too bad that I am so old this looks like great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBsKO5rlWZ8

and

https://www.iflyworld.com/seattle/
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Re: Indoor skydiving any of you guys do this it looks fun

Post by Orlaam »

It looks fun, until you see the price. We have one here in Scottsdale AZ. Two minutes is 70 dollars. Four minutes is 105 dollars. I'll pass....
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Orlaam wrote:It looks fun, until you see the price. We have one here in Scottsdale AZ. Two minutes is 70 dollars. Four minutes is 105 dollars. I'll pass....
Chris, I made my own with a tent, a stepladder and an old ceiling fan....... $205 for 20 stitches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would seriously love to try that though.....It beats throwing yourself out of a perfectly good aeroplane. Sadly, the place I WAS going to try to do a jump with a couple of years ago lost three people in a mid air collision the other day. It's put me off for good now!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:Too bad that I am so old this looks like great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBsKO5rlWZ8

and

https://www.iflyworld.com/seattle/
What do you call "so old" ?
Last year I did a session of indoor skydiving with my 71 years-old father and my brother.
Granted, we were all ex-skydivers, but I had stopped one year before, and both my father and my brother stopped 10 years before.
Still, we could get all together in the tube after a little individual training with the teacher, and we could enjoy a few minutes of flight. It was pretty cool. The price is expensive, yes, but a bit cheaper than than the equivalent duration of freefall from planes.

For info, with one jump from a plane, jumping from 12.000 feet, you get only 50 seconds of freefall in the best case.
But ok, in the tube you won't get the parachute flight, and you won't get the view either...

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

I thought 'indoor skydiving' might be a euphemism. :wink:

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Killratio wrote:
Orlaam wrote:It looks fun, until you see the price. We have one here in Scottsdale AZ. Two minutes is 70 dollars. Four minutes is 105 dollars. I'll pass....
Chris, I made my own with a tent, a stepladder and an old ceiling fan....... $205 for 20 stitches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would seriously love to try that though.....It beats throwing yourself out of a perfectly good aeroplane. Sadly, the place I WAS going to try to do a jump with a couple of years ago lost three people in a mid air collision the other day. It's put me off for good now!

LOL, yeah I would not trust real skydiving. Even if thousands are uneventful each year. :|
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”