where to install A2A update .exe

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
paddler
Airman

where to install A2A update .exe

Post by paddler »

Using P3Dv4.1 loaded on L:\LockheedMartin. I keep trying to install A2A_Update_10_12_17.exe but it keeps telling me that it can't find the A2A.dll which should be in the gauges folder. Any ideas please.

TheEditor
Airman

Re: where to install A2A update .exe

Post by TheEditor »

I am having a similar issue. All my aircraft are installed in a folder outside the P3D folder, H:\Prepar3D v4_Addons\SimObjects\Airplanes. When I run the updater, no matter where I point it, I get the message that it cannot find the A2A_Accusim.dll and it should be in the GAUGES folder. I checked the H:\Prepar3D v4 folder, where my P3D 4.1 installed and the A2A_Accusim.dll file is indeed in the GAUGES folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xxd09
Airman First Class

Post by xxd09 »

Hi
Installed Updater as per
Sees my FSX and P3Dv3.4 planes
Does not pickup my P3Dv4 planes which are installed in Prepar3D v4 Addons as per A2A instructions
Anything I could try?
xxd09

solentflyer
Airman Basic

Post by solentflyer »

+1 re P3Dv4.1. The updater replaced A2A_Accusim.dll in the Gauges folder but then ended without processing any of the aircraft in the SimObjects folder as it normally does.

Same as "TheEditor", my A2A aircraft are all installed in a drive\folder outside of the P3D documents folder.

Please can you confirm if this was simply an accusim dll update or should the individual A2A aircraft have been processed as well?

Thanks,
Dennis

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Paddler / The Editor,
I am looking at this now and trying to reproduce what you are seeing. I will report back here with any results. In the meantime, try directing the installer to the root of the folder where your addons are located, and also try the A2A directory inside that root. This may be the issue.

solentflyer,
Yes, the P3Dv4 update is the DLL only.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lude2Envy
Airman Basic

Post by Lude2Envy »

Scott - A2A wrote:Paddler / The Editor,
I am looking at this now and trying to reproduce what you are seeing. I will report back here with any results. In the meantime, try directing the installer to the root of the folder where your addons are located, and also try the A2A directory inside that root. This may be the issue.

solentflyer,
Yes, the P3Dv4 update is the DLL only.

Scott.
I'm am getting this same message for 4.1.
Ian K.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

paddler
Airman

Post by paddler »

Scott,
Tried again this morning and install automatically identified C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Perpar3DV4 Add-ons\A2A\.
It seemed to install OK there. Considering that my P3D is on drive L is C\ where the addons should be found? I am now wondering if they shouldn't be L:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Perpar3DV4 Add-ons\A2A\. Which one is it? If the latter can I just move them over there or do I have to uninstall and re-install on the L drive?
Thanks for your help SCott.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Paddler, the installer is only concerned about where your A2A planes are and not where the Prepar3D.exe is located.

For those who are getting an "A2A_Accusim.dll not found" message, it can only happen if the DLL is not present in the install path that has been chosen.

For example, let's say you have installed your A2A aircraft into a custom directory: F:\P3DAddons
Your A2A DLL should be present in F:\P3DAddons\A2A\Gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll

So when you install, if you use the BROWSE function, browse to F:\P3DAddons

You could browse to F:\P3DAddons\A2A, and the installer is smart enough to still find the DLL

Let me know if anyone is still having trouble, as I can make a little test app that will do some tests to understand more about what the issue may be.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

TheEditor
Airman

Post by TheEditor »

Scott,

In my case the folder tree for my addons is as follows.

H:\Prepar3D v4_Addons\SimObjects\Airplanes
Under Airplanes I have a folder for each plane
A2A_C172
A2A_C182
A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche
A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee
A2A_T6_Texan

None of those folders have the A2A DLL in them as it is in the main GAUGES folder under H:\Prepar3D v4. Should I copy the DLL into one of folders under the Airplane folder?

Update:
Ok, what I did is the following. Made a folder under Airplanes called A2A, inside that I made a folder called GAUGES and copied the DLL from the main P3D gauges folder into it. Once I run the updater and point it to these new folders it works and the new DLL gets dropped into the folder.

T.E

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

T.E.,

The DLL isn't with the airplanes. In your setup, all A2A airplanes should be installed in the following directories:
H:\Prepar3D v4_Addons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes
H:\Prepar3D v4_Addons\A2A\Gauges\A2AAccusim.dll

Also, I'm not sure how your airplanes were not installed under an A2A folder. That should not be possible with the installer.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

TheEditor wrote:Scott,

In my case the folder tree for my addons is as follows.

H:\Prepar3D v4_Addons\SimObjects\Airplanes
Under Airplanes I have a folder for each plane
A2A_C172
A2A_C182
A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche
A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee
A2A_T6_Texan

None of those folders have the A2A DLL in them as it is in the main GAUGES folder under H:\Prepar3D v4. Should I copy the DLL into one of folders under the Airplane folder?

T.E
Hello,

did you move the gauges folder from A2A folder?

All A2A products as noted during the installation process, should be installed in the same location for P3Dv4. So in the A2A folder will be the full software, including simobjects, effects and gauges folders. If you have customised our install paths you will need to revert or reinstall to get back to the correct paths.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TheEditor
Airman

Post by TheEditor »

Scott & Lewis,

I have my addons setup a bit different than most as I don't want things in my My Documents folder. The process I outlined above worked to me and the new DLL is in place in the correct GAUGES folder under the "H:\Prepar3D v4" folder. I will be testing the planes later today and will uninstall all of them and reinstall them if needed to get it working.

T.E

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

T.E.,

Having a custom location is not an issue as A2A software supports that. Keep in mind installing the A2AAccusim.dll in the H:\Prepar3D v4\Gauges folder is not the correct location. All A2A files are designed to work in the same place, regardless of where that place is.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Dang I'm tired. This is my third try with this post.

I ran the updater. Runs good for FSX, but not P3D 4.1. In FSX it searches for each aircraft and patches them.

For P3D 4.1, updater only runs for about a second or two and says it's finished. Does NOT search for each aircraft. "A2A_Accusim.dll" in "D:\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges shows a date of 10/12/2017 so I can assume (yes, I know) that at least THAT file has updated.

Only issue is now my windows (Shift 1-8) do not appear. I DO hear the hangar open, but no window. The ONLY exception is Shift 5, (map) opens up.
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

TB2,

For P3Dv4, that is correct - we just replace the A2AAccusim.dll (which affects ALL accusim core airplanes).

I'll let Lewis or others help to answer the SHIFT-X issues, as I don't know the answer here.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”