What To Choose

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What To Choose

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Any A2A aircraft is a darn good buy , you just cannot go wrong , but out of the two types mentioned , i personally prefer the connie , but they both have auto pilots , the b377 has a slightly better auto pilot , the connie has a choice of default or sperry auto pilot , i prefer the sperry , which needs constant supervision , as any change in the winds can upset it , and you have to trim for level flight , also the aircraft in general is more reliable on systems than the B377 , which is more prone to failures , as was the real aircraft , the guppy comes with the b377 and is harder to fly , due to no power boosters or pressurization , so limited to 10000ft max alt , so route planning around mountains is needed , as you cannot climb over them .
So the choice is yours , both require skill to fly them well , either will give you hours of pleasure , and no two flights will be the same , every flight in them is an adventure.
The connie comes with accusim , the B377 does not , you need to buy the accusim package seperatly or to save money buy at same time as b377 in a package bundle at a discount price , all explained on the purchase page .
regards alan. 8) :lol:

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I just use the default GPS that fits on top of the glaresheild , i use it for my next bareing to waypoint and for final lineup on any glideslope , but you have to still manually fly her down the beam , no autoland on this old girl.
I fly the connie on vatsim , and she will fly from KBUR to CYQM AT 24000FT max pax of 44 and full fuel and 2200lbs cargo no problem.
I calculate fuel burn at 600pph per engine , she burns 700pph on climb 500 to 600pph at cruise 400pph on decent.
Plan for about 500fpm climb decent rates to keep pax happy , on decent bring engine back to 20/20 man/rpm initialally dont worry on initial decent regards to speed , she is very slippy through the air , as you near the airport level off bring speed to about 160 for first flap let speed decrease to 120 for gear and second flap , at 500ft call bring flaps full down , bring props to max fine and throttles as needed to maintain about 100 apr speed keep decent to 500fpm or less then start to flare as you get the 50 ft callout .
I suggest untill you get used to her , to fly with career mode and meals off in the shift+3 menu.
below will help in converting lbs to gals or vice versa , div or times by 6 depending on which way you are converting the fuel calc
convert avgas lbs to usgal = 6.0 conni calc
regards alan. 8)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I use the Flight1 GTN 650, it blends in nicely on top of the panel.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Remember with cowl flaps they do provide cooling but they also provide drag. Sometimes you will get better cooling with cowl flaps only opened slightly. Less drag = faster speed which means more air flowing over and into engines = better cooling. I open my cowl flaps all the way when on the ground then set them for take off so they don’t break or create too much drag. Best to let the Flight engineer handle things until you get comfortable
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

There should be a PDF manual in an A2A folder somewhere but you can also download it from A2A's product page for the Connie.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”