A2A B-17 and B-377 retired ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

A2A B-17 and B-377 retired ?

Post by Warbirds »

It has been some time since P3Dv4 appeared and no sight of my beloved B-17 or B-377. Are they to be retired to history like their real life counterparts or is there still some hope we will be able to fly these two great A2A multi engine aircraft again one day soon?
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A B-17 and B-377 retired ?

Post by DrumsArt »

+1 8)
Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

They are being done for v4 but are down the list as far as I believe. I’m looking forward to the spitfire and accurate feel.

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, we do plan at this time but no work has commenced on them at this time. We have a good few projects on that are taking priority for the moment.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

That is unfortunate to let your customers that have purchased these planes wait while new products are underway. I would think that we that have invested in your product would come first.
Paul Grubich 2018
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

First, A2A is working on existing product conversions. They answer this question several times each month. There is even sticky topic on this where they have spoken about the difficulty in the work.

Second, your software is still supported for the platform it was made for. You aren't being denied use of the software.

I'm sure they'll get to it in due time, but I don't feel it's fair to say that they are not doing right by their customers.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Oracle427 wrote:First, A2A is working on existing product conversions. They answer this question several times each month. There is even sticky topic on this where they have spoken about the difficulty in the work.

Second, your software is still supported for the platform it was made for. You aren't being denied use of the software.

I'm sure they'll get to it in due time, but I don't feel it's fair to say that they are not doing right by their customers.
:-)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Good grief! The entitlement of some people...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Agreed Medtner, I had to read his response twice, thought he was joking at first...

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Mikenor wrote:Agreed Medtner, I had to read his response twice, thought he was joking at first...
Yeah, I'm thankful and extatically happy that A2A have decided to port their older planes to P3D v4 at all. That is not something one can take for granted. That they need their time, and that the simultaneous work on newer projects are in focus, is obvious and I'm happy for them to take the needed time.

That said, I miss the B-17 and the others too, but I made the decision to delete P3D v3 where all of them worked, not A2A. I'm happily focusing on the working v4 planes while waiting for the rest of the fleet. It'll be that much sweeter to get to relearn the Spit, the Mustang, the P-40, and so forth, again.

Many thanks to A2A for the great work going on, hidden, behind the scenes! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Yo2slick
Airman

Post by Yo2slick »

Warbirds wrote:That is unfortunate to let your customers that have purchased these planes wait while new products are underway. I would think that we that have invested in your product would come first.
This is why I am waiting until more aircraft are moved over to V4. I would rather have all of my addons than the newest version of P3D when V3 is running just fine. Guess what though, thats my choice just like it was your choice to move over to V4 KNOWING that these aircraft are not compatible. Then you jump on A2A because they arent moving fast enough??? Dude, without A2A we wouldn't have the best sim aircraft in the world. Give them a break.
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Medtner wrote:Good grief! The entitlement of some people...
Has nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with how I view future purchases from A2A. What are you going to do when P3Dv3 is no longer supported let alone the final days of FSX?

On the other hand I have much more time invested in A2A obsolete product than most of you. Maybe I should just pull some of my paints off the three upload services they are on because they are now obsolete as well.
Paul Grubich 2018

Leadcatcher
Airman First Class

Post by Leadcatcher »

Good grief...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Warbirds wrote:
Has nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with how I view future purchases from A2A. What are you going to do when P3Dv3 is no longer supported let alone the final days of FSX?

On the other hand I have much more time invested in A2A obsolete product than most of you. Maybe I should just pull some of my paints off the three upload services they are on because they are now obsolete as well.
Well....I certainly understand how you feel since I, too, really love some of A2A's older aircraft. But I sincerely hope you decide not to remove your paints from the websites they are on, but continue to share them with the many tens of thousands who are trapped in FSX.

A2A is hiring, so we can take that as a positive move towards moving forward with new products, as well as moving older products into the newer platforms (we hope).

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Warbirds wrote:

Your paints will never be obsolete.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”