A2A B-17 and B-377 retired ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A B-17 and B-377 retired ?

Post by Medtner »

Warbirds wrote:
Medtner wrote:Good grief! The entitlement of some people...
Has nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with how I view future purchases from A2A. What are you going to do when P3Dv3 is no longer supported let alone the final days of FSX?

On the other hand I have much more time invested in A2A obsolete product than most of you. Maybe I should just pull some of my paints off the three upload services they are on because they are now obsolete as well.
I think you quite missed the point here.

The old A2A products are for FSX, and only FSX. They happen to work until P3D v3, but however not officially supported.

FSX will always work, unless operating systems in the future kills it off. It therefore follows that the A2A planes will also work. Same with P3D v3.
Given that operating systems don't kill FSX off you will never have obsolete A2A products.

The talk about A2A leaving customers behind have everything to do about entitlement - you expect them to cater to your choice of simulator when you have bought a product that is for FSX only. We have been lucky that the planes have worked almost flawlessly in P3D until the 64bit revolution. That was just luck, and now we have to be both patient and thankful that A2A chooses to do the work to get their lineup 64bit-ready.

Your final statement is a combination of browbeating us with some sort of credentials for having "been here longer than most of us", and also threat.

As before - I love the old Accusim planes, and I miss them sorely. But I, and only I, made the choice of moving to P3D v4, knowing that I had to wait for the older planes. I could always reinstall v3 if I had to (or even FSX!). But I choose to wait and repurchase the new v4 planes when they are ready. And if A2A should (dog forbid!) find that some planes aren't possible to update - then I will reinstall v3 to be able to fly them, but I would not blame A2A for leaving paying customers behind.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

A2A makes the best, most accurate simulation of aircraft on the planet.

Making the best of something takes time. They have already said that the aircraft in question will be updated. You must be patient with them. Also nothing is holding you back from enjoying these planes right now. FSX and versions of P3D still work.

As someone else linked a while back, This video applies here:
https://youtu.be/PUunRgUkRjQ?t=14s
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Honestly, when the B-17 and B-377 came out, P3D v4 was never a consideration. It's nice that they are even trying to update them and for that we should all be grateful. Simply because WE chose to move over to P3D v4 as our sim of choice doesn't make it manditory for A2A to speed up or repriortize their work to make a select few happy.

I can understand that it may be a fantastic add-on and we would like to see it supported on future platforms but as mentioned by everyone else, it takes time. I'm sure the end result will be worth the wait.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Warbirds wrote:What are you going to do when P3Dv3 is no longer supported let alone the final days of FSX?
That day has already arrived for many developers, all their new products are being made for P3Dv4 only.

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

I fly my B-377 everyday.
I fly nothing else because nothing else even comes close.
Is it perfect? for me yes it is.

I am as happy as a clam, and have no intention of ever straying away
from my beloved A2A Stratocruiser or the architecture required to fly it.

Few material things in my long life have given me as much pleasure as flying this aircraft.

I built two extremely powerful computers ( I live in two different cities ) to accommodate flying
the B377 in FSX.

One of the best investments in a hobby that I have ever made.

Having the right gear makes all the difference when flying this great airplane, It's flawless perfection.

I still believe it's A2A's best work.

A pure joy to fly.

Thank you A2A for this wonderful aircraft.
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”