My Flight Plan

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

My Flight Plan

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

I am going to be taking the Mustang over to Malta for their Air show (In the virtual world). I shall be stopping over at Nice in France and just wanted to know can the Stang make it on it's 3 main fuel tanks or will I have to have external take a as well?.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: My Flight Plan

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

It depends on what is the total distance, your flight altitude and weather (winds in specific). When I cruise in my P-51 (civ) between 10 000 and 15 000 feet it has a fuel consumption of 45 to 55 gallons per hour. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

I think the route is roughly about 700 miles maybe more. When I usually go to nice I cruise at 17.500 feet with Tom to 25 and about 55 to 60% throttle.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Fuel also can depend on the winds aloft was well. If you are flying into a strong headwind your ground speed will be much less than the indicated airspeed, increasing the flight time between way points and increasing actual fuel burned.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”