Are A2A working on a new aircraft?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Are A2A working on a new aircraft?

Post by speedy70 »

You are talking about Angostura Bitters which was an additive to make a pink gin.It is rarely used nowadays but can be found in nearly all British pubs.
It was also supposed to cure an upset tummy as you say.

Cheers Chris

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Most commonly used, in Oz anyhow, for Lemon Lime and Bitters a, (cough) "Ladies Drink".

Great for upset stomachs. I don't do gin, much less pink...

Dudley, there is Stout...which is all well and good and then there is Guinness. Stout is nice...Guinness is as close as anyone has ever come to proving the existence of a Higher Power :) :) :) .

regards

D2
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Killratio wrote:Most commonly used, in Oz anyhow, for Lemon Lime and Bitters a, (cough) "Ladies Drink".

Great for upset stomachs. I don't do gin, much less pink...

Dudley, there is Stout...which is all well and good and then there is Guinness. Stout is nice...Guinness is as close as anyone has ever come to proving the existence of a Higher Power :) :) :) .

regards

D2
I've heard that about Guinness from my Irish friends. I take it our Brit friends like it as well............not to mention New Zealand and Australia. LOL

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Guinness is FAR better if it hasn't crossed the Atlantic...something to do with how they prep it for shipping changes the flavor just a hair. Much better on the other side of the pond! I never liked it until I tried it in Mildenhall.

-Ian C

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

I've been told by reputable sources that Guinness isn't Guinness by the time it reaches the antipodes either. I find it rather drinkable none-the-less. Sadly, I'm trying to remember which year it was when I had my last...
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

OT; Happy with a Corona and Lime in a sunny beer garden or something to refresh at the skatepark here on a sunny day session.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Wait... actually, are we saying beer is one of the ingredients of A2A-produced aircraft? Now I understand why I enjoy them so much :D

Or perhaps it's why I like beer? Ah well, all this is becoming very blurred ;)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Too much beer is the reason for the Gerhardt Cycleplane being the next A2A release.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Ok... Which Beta Tester sobered up too much and let the cat out of the bag????

I bet it was Pamela...he always was a bit of a Wowser!!!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Fizzelle
Airman

Post by Fizzelle »

Yes, yes, all very interesting chaps about bitter, Guinness and fish 'n' chips etc etc.

Now to get back on topic, I would like a Westland Lysander please.

Tally Ho!

And thanks very much!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oxford?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Seriously. I'm having loads of fun (Heresy, fetch the ducking stool.) with, someone else's F-86F in v4 right now. So personally, I think it's time for an Accu-Sim jet.

Steve.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

It's about time for news concerning that twin, damn it. :mrgreen:

-Esa

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Oxford?
What?? You can't be serious. A Morris Oxford??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, back to this subject. My response will be as comprehensive as I can make it, mostly because I'm no longer sure what the subject is actually about. Guinness is only good for unblocking drains. I'm rather partial to a cool Fat Yak pale ale, myself. As to fish and chips, best I've ever had was in Albany (southern-most port in this great state which, btw, makes Texas look tiny - check a map). That is it was until I had a serve of cod and chips in Whitby in Yorkshire - YUM!!! I did try the pommie beer in a pub in London, with a plate of bangers and mash, both of which were great. But I think warm ale only works in cold climates like England. Said warm ale is just awful drain cleaner here. As to A2A's planes, Lewis is on record as telling us that new planes are in various stages of planning or production in various other threads on this forum, but won't give us a clue as to what it is. So I think we can take it as read that A2A are working on a new aircraft, and we'd all just best remember Forrest Gump's analogy with a box of chocolates. We never know what we're going to get (for those who haven't seen the movie, or won't admit to having seen it :oops: ). Hands up all those now having flash backs to that movie.

Now I think we can safely say that one way or another, I've upset a large part of the audience here, so I'll call this job done. :)

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Now I think we can safely say that one way or another, I've upset a large part of the audience here, so I'll call this job done. :)

Cheers,
Mike
I for one am thrice offended. A neighbor used to say Run Forrest run! as she drove by this teetotaling (teetotalling for you Brits?) Texan on my nightly runs. The only thing that will drag me out of this pit of despair is the announcement of A2A's newest offering. :D

Pat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”