I don't understand this?????

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Point-man
Staff Sergeant

I don't understand this?????

Post by Point-man »

Ok I'm over at my brothers house now and I can get on the site. However I cannot at my house. Which is about 5 minutes from here. I tried everything that I could think of but nothing worked. I finally just re-formatted my drive and with a fresh install of windows and the updates for windows I still was not able to get to the shockwave site/forums. Can anyone tell me what I might need to do or what the problem might be.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Ummm security accidently set to not allow this site?

Though if you can't be here except through your brother's puter ... I reckon it'll be a while before you see this eh?

Sorry PM. :(
Last edited by Snuffy on 30 Aug 2006, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
Snuffy

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

If it's not IP related problem, try to add this site to "trusted sites".

regards
ROB

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

Do you and your brother use the same ISP?

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I have more than a dozen computers capable of accessing the Internet whether on broadband or dial-up access.I think it's a good idea to have at least more than 1 computer in case of situations such as this otherwise you're left without Internet access and you may need a software driver for your machine that has problems.It's probably best to have at least 3 Internet capable machines for yourself even though they take extra space.Keep your older P.C. don't give it away as you may need it.
I have had problems occasionaly with a DSL modem.
Every year or so I've had to reset it by leaving it unplugged for an hour then plugging it in again.It has always worked for me.I suppose one day it will burn out and I will have to replace it.

Anyway I hope that you resolve your problem Point-Man.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

It's very possible that your brother's ISP's DNS server did not have a listing for shockwaveproductions.com

When you're @ your brother's house, try and perform an nslookup on the DNS name to see if it resolves to an IP address. If it does, and it's the correct IP address, your route to the shockwaveproductions.com server might have been the issue.

If the DNS server does NOT resolve an IP address -- that's the problem. You might want to try adding another DNS server to his list of DNS servers.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Well I don't know what has happened but I am now able to view the site from my house. I had sent an e-mail to scott so maybe that took care of it. I had everything set to allow this site. I mean I went through everything that I could think of plus looking for help online as well. So I'm good now... hehe

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Welcome back ... :)
Snuffy

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”