Reality XP GTN

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Re: Reality XP GTN

Post by shortspecialbus »

lowflyr wrote:
shortspecialbus wrote:Why do we have a thread on the A2A forum bashing other developers?

-stefan
The thread was started with the intention of seeing if a particular product would be supported along with an explanation of why I was asking the question. And while the opinion does appear to be split, the basis for my complaint with those developers seems to be shared by at least a few others in the community. You call it bashing, and that's fine. But the negative remarks towards them are not unfounded.
The original question was fine, I think, but the thread kinda took a turn and this probably isn't the place for it. I dunno. I just think it probably should be on a "neutral" site, not a payware developer's forum. Just my 2 cents, worth all that'll get ya :D

-stefan

lowflyr
Airman

Post by lowflyr »

shortspecialbus wrote:
lowflyr wrote:
shortspecialbus wrote:Why do we have a thread on the A2A forum bashing other developers?

-stefan
The thread was started with the intention of seeing if a particular product would be supported along with an explanation of why I was asking the question. And while the opinion does appear to be split, the basis for my complaint with those developers seems to be shared by at least a few others in the community. You call it bashing, and that's fine. But the negative remarks towards them are not unfounded.
The original question was fine, I think, but the thread kinda took a turn and this probably isn't the place for it. I dunno. I just think it probably should be on a "neutral" site, not a payware developer's forum. Just my 2 cents, worth all that'll get ya :D

-stefan
That's fair, and I'm not here for an argument. But let me mention two things:

1. Many of the people who own A2A products also own the GTN. And if the company who develops it is showing a lack of appreciation for its customers, is there a problem with discussing it here?

2. It is my understanding that this section of the forum is for general discussion of things that don't necessarily pertain to A2A, its products, etc.

Now like I said, I'm not here for an argument. The question I asked when I started this thread turned out to be irrelevant so I suppose if an admin wants to lock/remove it, that is their prerogative and it won't hurt my feelings.

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

as I understand it Flight1/RXP are currently one of the same with RXP concentrating on the 5/430 and Flight1 on the 6/750. Our Aircraft moving onto v4 from v3 will be supporting the new updates as they are released from Flight1.

thanks,
Lewis
As I understand it Flight1 and Reality XP work seperately on both the GNS and GTN units. Flight1 has released the GTN 650 and 750 already, as well as the GNS 430 and 530. Reality XP will release all these units as well according to their website. Flight1 and Reality XP are actually competitors. Question remains what this means for compatibility with A2A aircraft.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”