Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
QuantumPilot
Airman Basic

Re: Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

Post by QuantumPilot »

Hi,

I cannot download the C172 from the store, since it seems my download limit has been reached (last download was wasted when I only received and index page...)

Order #104715

Kind Regards

QuantumPilot
Airman Basic

Post by QuantumPilot »

Hi,

Unable to download the C172 from store since my download limit was reached.

Order #104715

Kind Regards

RobHatch
Airman Basic

Post by RobHatch »

Scott - A2A wrote:Vic,

Once the existing Prepar3D Accu-Sim fleet is released for version 4, we will begin the process of building Prepar3D versions of our FSX fleet of airplanes, including the Mustang. Moving FSX aircraft to Prepar3Dv4 is a more arduous process with some unpredictability, so we will take these projects one aircraft at a time and can't offer accurate predictions when each will be completed. And like previous Prepar3D products, these will be new, paid products when released.

Scott.
As an early Microsoft FS 'simmer' I have come back to flightsim after 3 1/2 years due to "Real Life" getting in the way. I purchased FSX SE, some Orbx, the A2A C172 trainer and brought some previous progs back to life and have been generally reading and viewing videos to see what I have missed. Now having realised I made an awful mistake in continuing with FSX instead of P3D I intend to dish everything FSX and move to the future with P3D v4 64bit. Do I understand that I will now have to pay for the
P3Dv4 version of the A2A C172. (If so I'm real glad that I held off buying the Cherokee) :)
Can someone please confirm, ta,
RobHatch
(Newbie on here)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nedo wrote:Hmmm i must be blind, on the store page i read for prepar3d v2, v3 nothing about v4...hmmm
Only the C172 has been updated as of the date of this post.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CrewMember
Airman

Post by CrewMember »

Nedo wrote:Hmmm i must be blind, on the store page i read for prepar3d v2, v3 nothing about v4...hmmm
Its true. but you can dowload it from simmarket. My purshased 172 from there and i can upgrade it without problem
I9 9900k, ASUS Extreme XI, DDR4 32 GB, RTX2080. Pepar3d v4.5

Airbus 320Family Captain

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

RobHatch wrote:
As an early Microsoft FS 'simmer' I have come back to flightsim after 3 1/2 years due to "Real Life" getting in the way. I purchased FSX SE, some Orbx, the A2A C172 trainer and brought some previous progs back to life and have been generally reading and viewing videos to see what I have missed. Now having realised I made an awful mistake in continuing with FSX instead of P3D I intend to dish everything FSX and move to the future with P3D v4 64bit. Do I understand that I will now have to pay for the
P3Dv4 version of the A2A C172. (If so I'm real glad that I held off buying the Cherokee) :)
Can someone please confirm, ta,
RobHatch
(Newbie on here)
We offer point-of-sale bundles in our store in the same way you can buy bundled goods commonly offered in other retail outlets. We can’t offer long term P3D discounts because it is a new platform that is constantly changing.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Thanks for the splendid P3Dv4 update for the 172. It's wonderful to have an A2A plane to sport around v4. Outstanding as always A2A. Thanks so much 8)

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Nice shot Taildraggin! Hopefully by the time I receive and install my new PC parts this weekend the Cherokee will be out so I also can tool around in v4 Accusim style. 8)
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

HHHCAH
Airman

Post by HHHCAH »

BladderBoy wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote: More versions of our existing fleet of Prepar3D aircraft will be released in the following days, including the Piper “Cherokee,” C182 “Skylane,” Piper “Comanche 250,” North American T-6 “Texan,” and the Lockheed Martin “Constellation.” As new A2A Prepar3Dv4 aircraft are released, they will also be sent to our other distribution partners.
Free update and inevitable P3D versions of the FSX fleet? Incredible. I am stunned.

Scott, I would give you an uncomfortably long hug right now if I could.
Hi,

Just a quick follow up question. My A2A P3D aircraft were purchased thru The Flight Sim Store. It's pretty amazing that you are offering free upgrades to P3Dv4 versions, but I haven't seen any comments re: will your vendors/distributors be authorized to provide free upgrades to their customers, or will they be allowed to charge for them?

Thank you.

lars667
Airman

Post by lars667 »

This is the time to regret buying from Flightsimstore, as they haven't updated their C127R jet. Thanks for A2A for providing free upgrades, though!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

QuantumPilot wrote:Hi,

Unable to download the C172 from store since my download limit was reached.

Order #104715

Kind Regards
All active for you on the store

thanks,
Lewis

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

taildraggin68 wrote:Thanks for the splendid P3Dv4 update for the 172. It's wonderful to have an A2A plane to sport around v4. Outstanding as always A2A. Thanks so much 8)

Stop teasing me with your outrageously fine screen shots! :lol: I'm waiting on a new SSD before I install so it'll be a few days yet.

And yes. Thank you all at A2A for the update and those yet to come. :D

Steve.

VPMC
Airman Basic

Post by VPMC »

Hi,

I purchased the C172 trainer from The FlightSim Store sometime ago (as well as several other A2A products). I am wondering if the P3DV4 upgrade is free for existing A2A customers there also. I ask this because when I went there I noticed that the product description on their website says nothing about P3DV4 so I haven't tried to download it.

Best Wishes
VPMC

VPMC
Airman Basic

Post by VPMC »

VPMC wrote:Hi,

I purchased the C172 trainer from The FlightSim Store sometime ago (as well as several other A2A products). I am wondering if the P3DV4 upgrade is free for existing A2A customers there also. I ask this because when I went there I noticed that the product description on their website says nothing about P3DV4 so I haven't tried to download it.

Best Wishes
VPMC

Sorry ... Ive just noticed Im not the first to ask this!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Hi Lewis,

do we have to run the updater (latest is 04-13) after the v4 installation? Will it use the new addon path (documents) for P3D4? I've just tried to run it but it asked me to manually choose the path to my "FSX installation". I haven't executed it yet as I am a little worried about any problems mentioned in the explanation during the Cessna installation...

greets and thanks,
Marc

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”