Anyone have experience buying a computer from Jetline System

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Still Learning
Senior Airman

Anyone have experience buying a computer from Jetline System

Post by Still Learning »

Quick System Specs:
Cleveland motherboard \ Basic mobo with sata 2 ports \1 PCIe x16 for graphis \ and 3 x1 slots.
Sandy Bridge (i7 2600 - non k) @3.4 GHz
GeForce GT440 with 1MB
8 GB RAM DDR3 (?)

Note: I did upgrade the original HDD to an SSD, 1TB (Samsung 850 EVO) The OS (Win7) is on there along with all my installed programs. Everything else, is on my new WD Black 2TB. And bringing up the rear, is my WD Passport 4TB that I use for backups.

---

So maybe four years ago, when I got back into flight simulation, after a long hiatus, I asked a friend of mine in another forum, who shared the same passion for flight simming as I do, what he thought of my system specs, sans the recent upgrades, of course.

He said in FSX (boxed) you'll be able to add a few addons. In FS9, (I was using that at the time,) you'll be practically unlimited.

The thing is, there are addons, (I can't remember which one,) which say your computer must be able to do 30fps. (if you want the best performance.) I don't know what I'm getting, but I remember very clearly that (it might have been MSFS 95 or 98) I was getting 17 fps, and this is an i7 with FSX, so maybe it boils down to the same thing, I don't know.

I could theoretically upgrade my GT440, and people have told me I should. The problem with that is, in this unit, I can only u/g it to a 570. If you go higher than that, if I recall correctly, at the very least, you'll have compatibility issues with the motherboard. To me, and your opinion may differ from mine, at this point, 6 years down the road, for only a 570, it's not worth it.

---

Jetline Systems Questions start here:

So all this has me thinking about getting a new Computer. I've had conversations with Jetline Systems over the past year or two, and I've been impressed. but beyond those communications, I have no idea.

What I would like to know is:

Why did you choose Jetline?
How was your experience with Jetline?
How is the computer running today?
How is their support?
What case/motherboard did you choose?

Apologies for the length of the post...

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Anyone have experience buying a computer from Jetline Sy

Post by DHenriques_ »

Still Learning wrote:Quick System Specs:
Cleveland motherboard \ Basic mobo with sata 2 ports \1 PCIe x16 for graphis \ and 3 x1 slots.
Sandy Bridge (i7 2600 - non k) @3.4 GHz
GeForce GT440 with 1MB
8 GB RAM DDR3 (?)

Note: I did upgrade the original HDD to an SSD, 1TB (Samsung 850 EVO) The OS (Win7) is on there along with all my installed programs. Everything else, is on my new WD Black 2TB. And bringing up the rear, is my WD Passport 4TB that I use for backups.

---

So maybe four years ago, when I got back into flight simulation, after a long hiatus, I asked a friend of mine in another forum, who shared the same passion for flight simming as I do, what he thought of my system specs, sans the recent upgrades, of course.

He said in FSX (boxed) you'll be able to add a few addons. In FS9, (I was using that at the time,) you'll be practically unlimited.

The thing is, there are addons, (I can't remember which one,) which say your computer must be able to do 30fps. (if you want the best performance.) I don't know what I'm getting, but I remember very clearly that (it might have been MSFS 95 or 98) I was getting 17 fps, and this is an i7 with FSX, so maybe it boils down to the same thing, I don't know.

I could theoretically upgrade my GT440, and people have told me I should. The problem with that is, in this unit, I can only u/g it to a 570. If you go higher than that, if I recall correctly, at the very least, you'll have compatibility issues with the motherboard. To me, and your opinion may differ from mine, at this point, 6 years down the road, for only a 570, it's not worth it.

---

Jetline Systems Questions start here:

So all this has me thinking about getting a new Computer. I've had conversations with Jetline Systems over the past year or two, and I've been impressed. but beyond those communications, I have no idea.

What I would like to know is:

Why did you choose Jetline?
How was your experience with Jetline?
How is the computer running today?
How is their support?
What case/motherboard did you choose?

Apologies for the length of the post...

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
I own a Jetline and can't recommend them highly enough. Never have had a single issue. Their support is first class.
If you call them ask for Greg and use my name if you wish.
Dudley Henriques

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

No prob, man. My old computer died last October, taking all my data with it. Partly my fault. I had been thinking about building a new computer from high-end parts. There are web sites where you can plan a computer build, and there are YouTube posts showing computer builds, etc. After my machine died we were out of the theoretical and into the actual. Fortunately I am not fully retired, and do a little consulting, so I had a few bux stashed for motorcycle tires, .45ACP ammo, and "emergencies." I saw some chatter on this forum about Jetline computers, so I checked out their site. Turns out A2A and Jetline are pals, and Dudley and Scott both have Jetline. Hmm. I decided on a Jetline Gravity GT2, spec'd out as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition (64-Bit)
Chassis: CM Storm Scout II Advanced w/ Side Window Black
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Professional, Intel LGA 1151
Processor: Intel 6th Gen Core i7 6700K (4.6GHz Overclock) Quad Core
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling
System Memory: 16GB Kingston DDR4 SDRAM 2666MHz
Graphics Processor: 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, PCI Express 3.0
System Power: 850 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply
Sound Card: 7.1 High Definition Integrated Audio
Primary Solid State Drive: 1TB Samsung EVO 850 Solid State Drive (SSD)
Secondary Hard Drive: 1TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
Optical Drive 1: 20x DVD/CD Burner Drive
Optical Drive 2: None Selected
Media Drive: None Selected
Networking: Integrated High Speed Network Ready (10/100/1000)
Display: None Selected
Keyboard & Mouse: None Selected
Speakers: None Selected
Preinstalled Software: LM Prepar3D v3 Academic
Service & Support: 1 Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime Technical Support

I went to the Jetline site and virtually "built" my computer. Then I called them to discuss all the various options that I had selected. They were very helpful in this regard, as they know all about FSX, P3D, A2A, ORBX, Active Sky, etc. They recommended that I go with P3D rather than FSX. They told me that it's fine to install P3D in the usual directory. OK.

Finally I did it - I made the big click. A few days later I wondered if the Jetline had sufficient USB ports. I emailed and asked. They got right back to me with an answer (beaucoup USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports in the back, and under a little sliding panel on the upper front).

I also got a Samsung 28" monitor from Amazon, and some other goodies, including a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller.

Everything is working like a champ!! When I want to fly, I fly! The weather and scenery are fantastic! My J-3 and P-40 have been made to work with P3D, and the Comanche, Connie, and T-6 all are ready to go. The Manfred Jahn C-47 is there for transporting uh, less legitimate cargos from here to there (the only non-A2A airplane that I fly).

I am very happy with my Jetline.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great place, good guys and girls over there. Highly recommended as Dudley says feel free to say we sent you. If you let them know exactly what you want to be able to do they can put a system together that will do just that.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pressler
Senior Airman

Post by pressler »

I basically looked at the offerings from Jetline to guide me in my latest build. For me it was the cost factor and that I have built many pc and servers over the last decade. However, this was my first dedicated gaming machine I had built. It turned out very nice and saved me $700-$800 from buying from Jetline. That's just the way I preferred it, but from everything I have seen and read, Jetline is certainly an expert in their craft and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them even though I personally haven't used one of their systems first hand. In addition, I do not believe A2A would have a relationship with them if they didn't know what they were doing. My 2 cents.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I have experience of people who have experience of Jetline and every single one speaks very highly of them.

Hope that helps. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MM
Airman

Post by MM »

Two thumbs up here.

The two principals at Jetline are terrific people who will craft a system for each customer's needs. Perhaps not the least expensive solution. And if you want to build your own, wonderful. But if you are unable to do so and want expert design coupled with superb customer service, Jetline is the way to go. Highly recommended.

--Mike MacKuen

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MM wrote:Two thumbs up here.

The two principals at Jetline are terrific people who will craft a system for each customer's needs. Perhaps not the least expensive solution. And if you want to build your own, wonderful. But if you are unable to do so and want expert design coupled with superb customer service, Jetline is the way to go. Highly recommended.

--Mike MacKuen
That's one of 'em. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”