Reinstall FSX by using DeLuxe edition

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Flettner
Airman

Reinstall FSX by using DeLuxe edition

Post by Flettner »

Hi!
I am going to reinstall FSX by using this time FSX DeLuxe edition instead of the old FSX + SP1/SP2 + Acceleration combo.
The question is, do I have to install SP1 and then Acceleration, which includes SP2?
Thanks in advance!
- Flettner -

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reinstall FSX by using DeLuxe edition

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes you do: FSX Deluxe is one of the original DVD versions (along with Standard edition) so still needs updating to SP2 or Acceleration standard.

Thanks,
Nick

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hi again!
Because of my bad english, I have to make sure your answer. So, first DeLuxe and then SP1 and then Acceleration?
Sorry Nick if this feels stupid, but I have to be sure. The hole reinstall with tens of various add ons and tweaks is
such a big work, that I really want do any mistakes!
Thanks for your fast answer!

- Flettner -

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Flettner,

No problem, and you are correct: first install FSX Deluxe, then SP1, then the Acceleration expansion pack.

I can't remember if Acceleration will install successfully if you don't run SP1 beforehand, but you should run SP1 beforehand to be safe.

Thanks,
Nick

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Nick M wrote:Hi Flettner,

No problem, and you are correct: first install FSX Deluxe, then SP1, then the Acceleration expansion pack.

I can't remember if Acceleration will install successfully if you don't run SP1 beforehand, but you should run SP1 beforehand to be safe.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

I just checked Acceleration pack includes both SP1 and SP2, and there is no need for them to be installed in advance.

( for Flettner: FSX Delux still need SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration pack - only FSX Gold and Steam edition are fully updated)

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Flettner
Airman

Post by Flettner »

Hello!
Thank you all for promt response!

-Flettner -

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

You need SP1 before SP2 or acceleration.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

No, you do not need SP1 or SP2 before installing Acceleration. Acceleration covers both SPs.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

LZ-WIL wrote:I just checked Acceleration pack includes both SP1 and SP2, and there is no need for them to be installed in advance.
Thanks for the clarification on this - it's been a while since I used the disk version of FSX. :)

Cheers,
Nick

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Sorry what do I know. My recollection is installing SP1 then acceleration 1st time in my life I made a mistake. :lol: .

sixgun
Senior Airman

Post by sixgun »

I was unable to install Acceleration in Windows 10. Would get a fault code when starting FSX. It will not ask for product key and would stop FSX after 20 min. Had to remove it and install the SP2 to make FSX run right. My research found problems with Windows 10 and no support for the multiplayer feature Acceleration had causing it not to load properly. Found suggested fix using windows\regedit which I won't do. Messing with that can cause a catastropic crash of your system.

I was messing with regedit as per instructions for my video card automatic update when I got a power surge causing my system to crash weeks ago. My local computer shop had to reload the hard drive with original Windows 7 saving my download files. Just recently got it back to Windows 10 and reloaded most of my stuff after spending $100 plus and many hours time..

I really can do without the Acceleration package. I'm for sure not messing with internal windows files like regedit.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Shouldn't have to mess with any Windows files to get the FSX + Accel combo loaded.

I've loaded this combo onto Windows a few times since W10 was released, Simple FSX disc, then the Accel disc. It will prompt you during the install if you need to do anything.

One suggestion, is that before running the Accel disk, make sure to start the vanilla FSX install up and at least get to an aircraft on the runway. Exit FSX and then install the Accel disk.
FAC257

sixgun
Senior Airman

Post by sixgun »

FAC257 wrote:Shouldn't have to mess with any Windows files to get the FSX + Accel combo loaded.

I've loaded this combo onto Windows a few times since W10 was released, Simple FSX disc, then the Accel disc. It will prompt you during the install if you need to do anything.

One suggestion, is that before running the Accel disk, make sure to start the vanilla FSX install up and at least get to an aircraft on the runway. Exit FSX and then install the Accel disk.

My understanding is the latest Windows 10 update along with Steam ad now on the home page changed all of that. I tried your recommendations multiple times earlier. Acceleration will not ask for a product key now. FSX will run for 20 min and shutdown. So in the final decision, I removed Acceleration and installed SP2. Had to reload aircraft due to the removal of Acceleration and reinstallation of SP2. You can goggle it. Problem with Windows 10 FSX Acceleration boxed version Error Code 1-80004005 on startup.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Hmmm. Most of stuff I found on that search were older resurrected zombie threads.

If you are having issues installing the disc versions correctly, then going for the Steam version might be a better avenue, so that you don't lose the benefits of the Accel upgrade.
FAC257

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Frankly, I think you would benefit greatly from the improvements in the FSX Steam Edition, but I'm a p3d guy myself these days so I can't say so firsthand. But all reports seem to indicate that it's a significantly better FSX than FSX+Acceleration.

-stefan

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”