Got To Fly Right Seat In A Ford Trimotor Today

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Re: Got To Fly Right Seat In A Ford Trimotor Today

Post by Paul K »

FAC, how noisy was it inside the cockpit ? I'd imagine it was fairly loud with an engine right in front of you - is that true ?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That's awesome! You're a lucky man! Must have been a great experience.

Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Paul K wrote:FAC, how noisy was it inside the cockpit ? I'd imagine it was fairly loud with an engine right in front of you - is that true ?
I had a headset on the whole time, but even then it didn't seem to be as loud as what I was imagining it was going to be like.
Watch earlier flights leave, I didn't think she was all that loud from the outside either.
FAC257

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Ohhhh that is a nice flight! Very jealous! I've flown in a small handful of vintage aircraft and warbirds, and it only increases the desire to do it more... the one I regret most not doing was a flight in a Vietnam era Huey, which would've been just $80... still kicking myself about that.

I agree with the other comment, it looks far roomier than I would ever imagine in such a vintage aircraft! Glad you had such a great time :D

Cheers-
Joe

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

FAC257 wrote:
Paul K wrote:FAC, how noisy was it inside the cockpit ? I'd imagine it was fairly loud with an engine right in front of you - is that true ?
I had a headset on the whole time, but even then it didn't seem to be as loud as what I was imagining it was going to be like.
Watch earlier flights leave, I didn't think she was all that loud from the outside either.
Thanks FAC. Some of us get to fly vintage aircraft from time to time, but not many will have a tri-motor in their log books. Glad you got the opportunity. :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”