Next A2A Accusim project?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Re: Next A2A Accusim project?

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Technically this will make the A-26 Invader a GA twin. This particular aircraft was built in Tulsa in 1945. Went n to serve for many years. She was acquired after her military career was over by On Mark conversions to be the prototype A-26 business transport. She flew in that role for several years until she was purchased and restored. She is operated by the CAF. She is currently undergoing an extensive restoration after we discovered a broken wing spar after a catastrophic engine failure. After she left our hands, she survived a tornado and now reside with another wing of the CAF and will return to the air one day as Lil' Twister.

How she looked when we operated her:

this is her as the cover model for the sales brochure:

What she looked like when found in Providence, Rhode Island:

And finally what she looks like today after substantial work:

Just a little consideration as to why I think an A-26 she be in the running for an accusimmed aircraft.

Thank you, Chris! 8)
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

MX-Leader
Airman First Class

Post by MX-Leader »

Sorry guys, I already know the next four releases in order...

Cessna 140 (or 170, 180/185)

Stearman

Seminole w/ steam gauges (not glass)

T-33

You heard it here first!

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

MX-Leader wrote:Sorry guys, I already know the next four releases in order...

Stearman

T-33

You heard it here first!

That's actually not a bad list and seems reasonable given some of the posts we've seen... Although - personal preference - I'd like to see the Aerostar replace the Seminole... We're due for some real GA again...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Post by thomas_mac »

bmbrzmn101 wrote: And finally what she looks like today after substantial work:

Just a little consideration as to why I think an A-26 she be in the running for an accusimmed aircraft.

Thank you, Chris! 8)
Is this restoration now in Oklahoma Chris? If it's the same aircraft one of the restoration team members posts progress threads in the off-topic section of a car forum I frequent (Chevelles.com). Love the A-26! I remember there was rumors of an A2A Aircraft Factory A-26 a few years ago but haven't heard anything on that in a long time. Another developer was doing the model and posted a few shots on Facebook.

I like the Beech 18 idea having went for a ride in one a few years ago but am also excited for the T-33 someday.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Those A-26's are beautiful. Look up Sexy Sue on Youtube and you'll see one of the most beautiful OnMark A-26s around.

I dream of the day we get an accusimmed Howard or OnMark A-26.

But before you can handle an accusimmed Howard or A-26, even before a Beech 18 or Aerostar, you really gotta learn to walk before you can run with the twins, not only for the sake of accusim's development, but also the virtual simmer's skill development.

Don't discount the Seminole as some little mundane twin that you can fly in your sleep. Seminole is as fast as the Comanche, and now instead of dealing with 3 levers, now you have 6, plus landing gear, cowl flaps, and the works. Trust me, it will keep you occupied. Jumping into an Aerostar after Comanche would be kinda like jumping into a P-51 after Comanche...you might want to go through the T-6 first... 8) IMO the Aerostar is approaching Mustang 'territory' in terms of approach speeds, pilot 'thinking' speeds, and numbers of ways the novice pilot can get into serious trouble. Like the Mustang, the Aerostar is an excellent airplane, but requires a high level of proficiency. We don't want a fine plane like the virtual Aerostar to develop an undeserved reputation as some kind of 'rookie killer' like the Bonanza and Mu-2 did in real life. :lol: I think simmers would enjoy the Aerostar more after first getting some Seminole experience under their belts.

If you want full realism in your virtual flying, then, IMHO, the virtual training progression should be realistic too.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Yes Thomas, that is her. We used to operate her and several others when I belonged to the Razorback Wing of the CAF. The A-26 is very much a thoroughbred of an aircraft and has some unique handling characteristics as I recall. None of the freeware A-26's ever flew like the real thing to me so I have all but quit flying non accu simmed aircraft. That's why I keep pestering for some of my favorites and why the Stearman should be first built. If you can fly that airplane without ground looping it you should be prepared for the T-6. And so on. Like the real training. Maybe even a bamboo bomber before the C-45. But I digress.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Quote: "That's actually not a bad list and seems reasonable given some of the posts we've seen... Although - personal preference - I'd like to see the Aerostar replace the Seminole... We're due for some real GA again...Regards, Scott"

Scott, I copy. Thank you for flagging the Aerostar. I've been rattling on about Aerostar 600 for yonks .... more speedy than Seminole; >200mph economy cruise.... but not too great a techno leap to todays GAs. Here's to the power of positive thinking!

Best wishes
Rod

209vaughn
Airman Basic

Post by 209vaughn »

GA Twin!!
I own: Spitfire, C172, C182, Piper 250

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Pitts S2C or Extra 330LX or LT Yak-52 Pitts S1C are the planes I would love to get or even a C185 or C180 or 195

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

Beaver!
Beaver!!
Beaver!!!

But honestly, any accusimmed GA twin would also be a very welcomed offering... it's the logical next step in my personal learning curve.

Yet still... Beaver? On floats.. and tundra tires?? Sometime in the future??? Pleeeeaaaase????

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Well - MilViz has a Beaver that looks superb on short final that I plan to try - ski's and floats too - granted - some don't venture beyond these walls...

Regards,
Scott

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Yes, they are about to release a Beaver, but it doesn't have Accusim, and that makes it much less interesting, if interesting at all.
I love Milviz for their military jets. They do them very nicely, beautifully, and with interesting instrumentation depth.

However, when it comes to a Beaver, it's not really the instrumentation that is interesting. It's the engine and the behavior. And I don't think Milviz will be able to implement anything special in that area, it's really not their speciality. That Beaver will probably start and run just like the default FSX Beaver, it will never get any wear, it will never get any issues, there will never be any need to do anything special to start the engine depending on the conditions etc... See the point ?
I will probably not buy the Milviz Beaver for the very same reason I didn't buy the Aerosoft Beaver => boring.

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

MX-Leader wrote:Sorry guys, I already know the next four releases in order...

Stearman

T-33

You heard it here first!
T-33 is a jet...why would they jump to a jet aircraft when they havent even done a turboprop? lol...really though the only one on this list i would even be looking forward to is the stearman haha! i have a great little virtigo studios stearman...but with accusim it would be amazing! hmm...i still say a ju-52, thats one of the few aircraft that dont actually have a good model for it...thats just my opinion on something they should do
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

KotatehFox wrote:
T-33 is a jet...why would they jump to a jet aircraft when they havent even done a turboprop? lol...really though the only one on this list i would even be looking forward to is the stearman haha! i have a great little virtigo studios stearman...but with accusim it would be amazing! hmm...i still say a ju-52, thats one of the few aircraft that dont actually have a good model for it...thats just my opinion on something they should do
The T-33 makes a lot of sense because it is an early jet, a 'simple' jet. The T-33's Allison (or RR) turbojet is the most basic form of jet engine there is. Turboprops are actually a bit more complex with turbine dynamics + prop dynamics.

To begin building on a new accusim path, such as the turbine, its best to start with the most basic, then build from that. Something like simple turbojet -> turbofan -> turboprop would be a logical progression of accusim turbine. In alot of cases, it seems Accusim tends to evolve the same way the subject technology did.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Old picture:

Regards,
Scott

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”