Pick a car, any car!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DMdoc
Airman

Re: Pick a car, any car!

Post by DMdoc »

2016 BMW M3

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

1969 Corvette stingray

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Post by pilotgod »

1969 COPO Camaro
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

Psycho75
Airman

Post by Psycho75 »

It would be a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T. Pretty badass car I think. You did say gas is for free he,he :D
ImageImageImageImage

n72.75
Senior Airman

Post by n72.75 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
My choice Mazda MX5 MK1 the one with the popup headlights , had one for 9 years , always put a smile on my face every time i drove it , and reliable too.
regards alan. 8)
I have one I'm trying to sell.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I've always been an estate/tourer (i.e. station wagon) kind of guy, so I'll go with Tomas...
Tomas Linnet wrote:[...] I'll have the Audi RS6. Plenty of power, room for a road trip in the summer and the Quattro system if it snows..
However, I wouldn't say no to a nice supercharged V8 550HP Range Rover which can apparently do 0-60 mph in less than 5.5 seconds: not too shabby for a 2.5 ton car!

Nick

P.S. I disqualified myself from choosing one of these on the basis it'll probably never make it beyond being a fancy web page. :)

ResidentEVO
Airman

Post by ResidentEVO »

ive been lucky enough to own a few cool cars thoughoit my life, and I daily'd all of them.

I had a 1991 Acura NSX that was a great daily. You get over leaving it in a parking lot once you start grocery shopping with it haha.

My current car is a 2001 BMW M Coupe. It's a great daily... Enough room for two, and bags. Can take a roof rack. I've taken it all over the world, from California to the Arctic Ocean. I'll probably never sell it.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick M wrote:I've always been an estate/tourer (i.e. station wagon) kind of guy, so I'll go with Tomas...
Tomas Linnet wrote:[...] I'll have the Audi RS6. Plenty of power, room for a road trip in the summer and the Quattro system if it snows..
There's something about powerful station wagons. Especially when you have a hotshot Porsche driver to grill :wink: It's too bad though that BMW isn't producing a M5 or M3 Touring. But I guess the M550d would be a valid alternative 8)
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Piper_EEWL wrote:It's too bad though that BMW isn't producing a M5 or M3 Touring. But I guess the M550d would be a valid alternative 8)
It definitely would - and I'd settle for an E61 M5 Touring too (a debadged one). As per my post in Brendan's other thread, I'd probably leave it at home if it snowed though! :wink:

In the real world, I get to lease a new car through my employer and environmental performance is high on the list. For that reason, I've got a Volvo V60 D4 on order. Not a car to set the world on fire by any stretch of the imagination, but 400 Nm of torque for 101 g/km of CO2 isn't too shabby!* :) Just a shame that diesels will be banned in all European cities in ten years time or so by the sounds of it... :|

Nick

*Assuming they haven't done a VW-style job on the emissions testing! :mrgreen:

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Nobody fancy a Maserati, Ferrari or Porsche?

Cheers Chris

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

definitely a Mercedes G500!! nothing else :D the 300SL is just too hot to sit in during summer.. :lol:

Greets,
Marc

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

I bought this car new in 1982, Capri RS 5.0 although it's been upgraded with a Ford Racing T-5 with Hurst shifter, 8.8 with 3.55 Zoom gears, and 2.5 exhaust with Flowmaster Super 10 mufflers. I drive it daily to work. I've had several people come up to the house asking to buy it and even at gas stations, etc., but no sale ever. I made that mistake in selling my Mustang. Oh, about the only thing I would do is replace the old 5.0 (302) with a 5.0 Coyote V8 and 6 speed trans!

My previous car was a 1968 Mustang Fastback with 289 V8 with a bunch hot rod stuff. My favorite sports car was my 1969 Fiat 124 Spider. This car had 4 wheel disk brakes, dual overhead cam with aluminum heads, split factory headers, 5 speed trans, two barrel progressive carb, and magnetic controlled cooling fan, all this in 1969.

The wheel are Rockwell International 82 vintage... bought them new in 82 to replace the factory wheels. Always love the mesh wheels.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I might have to go with my recent purchase. I'm pretty happy with my 2016 Dodge Charger SXT.

All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

speedy70 wrote:Nobody fancy a Maserati, Ferrari or Porsche?

Cheers Chris
It would be an 70's or 80's Aston Martin V8 for me, but not as an every day car. Would you really want to take and Aston or a Porker or a Fazzazz to the local shopping centre car park??? Here in Perth, 30% of all cars get damaged in some way in shopping centre car parks during the Christmas period. Not where I'd want to take my pride and joy. :(

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

speedy70 wrote:Nobody fancy a Maserati, Ferrari or Porsche?
As you saw above, no Ferrari for me, too tiring (so much noise), and I have driven a Quattroporte quite a bit in the past, and while it is great fun on the autobahn, it is a huge car, and it drinks like an Irishman in a heatwave. I have also driven a Boxster, but that's just too small.
For an everyday driver, I want something that is fast (200km+), frugal (1000km+ on one tank), comfortable and big enough to transport people or things, and it has to look good, so ended up with this coupe, now with 180,000km on the clock, still driving like a dream.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”