does p3d new update 3.4 works good with a2a aircrafts ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Re: does p3d new update 3.4 works good with a2a aircrafts ?

Post by Dominique »

maria2244 wrote:
hello
can I please ask you how did you installed the A2A b17 into b3d ?
I copied the fsx.exe into my p3d 3.3 instaltion folder
but keep getting the corruption message
I tried everything yes everything with no luck
any help please ?
thanks
Hey Maria

I don't know what you mean by "installation folder". The fsx.exe dummy which could be an empty txt file renamed fsx.exe, has to be in the P3D root folder.

Also I am not sure what you mean by "corruption message" either. Do not hesitate to upload an image of it or if it is short to copy in another post the exact wording. As Steve said, installing A2A FSX legacy aircraft is a breeze. I did it for the P40, P51, the Cub and the 377. Not the B17 though that I don't own (shame on me :D ).

In any case, what you could do to help is download the Flight1 Registry Repair tool here

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS ... Repair.exe

and use it to direct the installer to check your fsx.exe dummy where it is. It helps for some addons. Never had the need for the Estonian.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

maria2244 wrote:any chance can you send me your fsx.exe file in a private message ?
as I don't have fsx installed to use that file
maybe I will be able to install my b17 with the real fsx.exe file
thank you .
You know... :lol: I just knew you would ask that. Sorry, but I don't think that's allowed but I'm sure an imaginative search on the internet would prove fruitful.

Cheers.
Steve.
:wink:

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Take your P3D.exe and make a copy of it. Rename the copy FSX and you should be fine.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

taildraggin68 wrote:Take your P3D.exe and make a copy of it. Rename the copy FSX and you should be fine.
Yes. I was just going to mention that but you beat me to it.

:wink:

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

There is really no need for it ! I use an empty .txt file (0 Kb) that I renamed fsx.exe from fsx.txt and that works great !
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Dominique wrote:Also I am not sure what you mean by "corruption message" either. Do not hesitate to upload an image of it or if it is short to copy in another post the exact wording. As Steve said, installing A2A FSX legacy aircraft is a breeze. I did it for the P40, P51, the Cub and the 377. Not the B17 though that I don't own (shame on me :D ).
I think maria is referring to this message. It's the one I get when I try and install the B377 with the FSX.exe method. It used to install fine but stopped working for me some time last year.

Cheers.
Steve.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Dominique wrote:Also I am not sure what you mean by "corruption message" either. Do not hesitate to upload an image of it or if it is short to copy in another post the exact wording. As Steve said, installing A2A FSX legacy aircraft is a breeze. I did it for the P40, P51, the Cub and the 377. Not the B17 though that I don't own (shame on me :D ).
I think maria is referring to this message. It's the one I get when I try and install the B377 with the FSX.exe method. It used to install fine but stopped working for me some time last year.

Cheers.
Steve.
OK, I see. I do not get it because I used the Registry Repair tool from Flight1, I suppose. What it does is telling the installer where the fake fsx.exe is.
Dominique

maria2244
Airman

Post by maria2244 »

Dominique wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:

Cheers.
Steve.
OK, I see. I do not get it because I used the Registry Repair tool from Flight1, I suppose. What it does is telling the installer where the fake fsx.exe is.
hello
safe to use the registry tool ?
will not damage my windows or p3d registry and giving me proplems ?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Dominique wrote:OK, I see. I do not get it because I used the Registry Repair tool from Flight1, I suppose. What it does is telling the installer where the fake fsx.exe is.
Indeed. It's very puzzling to me. I have FSX:Steam installed nowadays and everything FSX related that I have, finds it with no problems.

Steve.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

maria2244 wrote:
hello
safe to use the registry tool ?
will not damage my windows or p3d registry and giving me proplems ?
It didn't damage anything for me :) . Flight1 is a serious publisher and many people have been using it to solve this conundrum.
Dominique

maria2244
Airman

Post by maria2244 »

i copied the real fsx.exe file from my fsx steam to p3d
same proplem not installing

also used the registry repair tool not installing

my question
can i just install it to my fsx steam then move the files manualy to p3d ?
what files do i need to move ?

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

bladerunner900 wrote:If it's any help, I followed these instructions to the letter and it has worked each time, so far. Can't remember where I got them now.

1. Download Prepare3d client - 1 file named Install_Client.msi
2. Go to the control panel
3. Programs - uninstal a program
4. Look for Prepar3d Client (you will see 4 Prepa3d programs)
5. Right click on Prepar3d Client - unintsall
6. Wait for completion - couple minutes
7. Reboot
8. Find where you downloaded Install_Client.msi
9. Right click - install
10. Make sure that the folder location is that same one you used for the previous version install - IMPORTANT *****
11. Wait for install to finish - no errors
12. Reboot
13. Start Prepar3d - Activate on-line using your license ID and password from your invoice of your previous version.

Good luck. :wink:
Steve.
Just saw that those instructions can be downloaded as a pdf document on the same page as the installer :)

By the way, there are updates to the content and scenery in 3.4, normally the same steps should be followed for those components as well (find Prepar3D*Content, uninstall it, install the new one).

It's probably not mandatory, but worth for those interested in the updates (http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCente ... w_v34.html).

I'm not sure a reboot is required for any of the updates, it's the client so there is no service or OS update that would possibly require that.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I don't know what could have gone wrong, but I had no success in updating or repairing the install. Had to delete everything and install fresh, now the program runs normally and shows no issues, confirming it was not any driver or OS issue, or in those lines. This client-only update doesn't appear to be too dependable; I'm sure it works well for most however, it would have been nice to know the exact issue.

It appears that Orbx is (again) making a significant change in their system, so I'd guess it may be the best idea to wait for their "next big change" before reinstalling all the stuff.

-Esa

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

AKar wrote:I don't know what could have gone wrong, but I had no success in updating or repairing the install. Had to delete everything and install fresh, now the program runs normally and shows no issues, confirming it was not any driver or OS issue, or in those lines. This client-only update doesn't appear to be too dependable; I'm sure it works well for most however, it would have been nice to know the exact issue.

It appears that Orbx is (again) making a significant change in their system, so I'd guess it may be the best idea to wait for their "next big change" before reinstalling all the stuff.

-Esa
I , and several of my friends have been doing the client update for a few versions with zero problems.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I don't doubt that. :|

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”