What else are you playing?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Brendan
Airman First Class

Re: What else are you playing?

Post by Brendan »

Besides FSX I usually do some milsim on ARMA 2 and 3, as well as Insurgency. I also have Company of Heroes 2, Running With Rifles, Minecraft, osu! (my favorite), and Hearthstone. And that's only for the PC :P
Blue skies and calm winds,

SPC Brendan Baker
15D10 Helicopter Powertrain Repairer
Co D(-) 1/106th Aviation Regiment Decatur, Illinois
Illinois Army National Guard

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If I consult my Steam 'record of hours frittered away' at various games, the biggest culprit (other than FSX) seems to be the Far Cry franchise. Seems I really love running around in scenic locations, attacking outposts and being mauled by irate furry things! (Understandable that they're irate, seeing as I usually try to make ammo pouches out of 'em! :mrgreen: )

Spintires has also been a favourite, and Besiege is good fun too. I tinkered with the Kerbal Space Program demo for a while, but decided it was going to eat way too much time if I got the full version. Talking of KSP, I recall seeing this cartoon somewhere...

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. 'Most played flight sim' other than FSX would have to be Rise of Flight. Always the go to game when I feel the need to spin and crash! :)

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

Kerball Space Program is a good one most simmers would like

I quite enjoy also

The Witcher series
Skyrim and the wider elder scroll series

Cheers
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

pressler
Senior Airman

Post by pressler »

haha....I started playing The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-Earth a couple of years ago. I spent so much money in it...I have buyers remorse because if I'd have not made that venture, Id have an upgraded PC for my simming needs. So, I dropped the game a few months back and I am full-time simming now. I also added AirHauler 2 (Early Access) as a way to generate much more interest in my flight sim, and what a huge difference it has made!

My 2 cents

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Iam doing ETS2, occasionally DT Trainsim. Sniper Elite is another past time.

Mainly I use photoshop and illustrator to get through all the paints waiting to be done. [WINKING FACE]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Steam's a bugger - every week something new and shiny appears. The Turing Test looks intriguing - Link

I've been playing a bit of Arma 3, exploring the new Tanoa map. I have such things as Total War Shogun 2 and Rome 2, Take On Mars, Space Engineers, and the other day I bought the Feather River Canyon route for Train Sim 2016, while it was on sale.

Right now, however, I'm making a start on Witold Jaworski's ebook Blender course. The course subject is a P-40, but I'm going to use it to learn how to model ships instead. :)

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

KSP!

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

DCS
Rise of flight
Realflight RF-7 RC sim
American truck sim
European truck sim
World ship sim
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

Shalomar wrote:DCS
Rise of flight
Realflight RF-7 RC sim
American truck sim
European truck sim
World ship sim
Project Cars
Asseta Corsa
X plane 10

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I like Left 4 Dead 2, via Steam. What drew me to it is the cooperative gameplay. You can't get through any of the campaigns without someone there to help you out. The "bots" can sort-of do this, but it's so much more fun and satisfying when you're with a real person.

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

For those who like Kerbal you should check out Simple Planes on Steam. Just like kerbal but with airplanes

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

Risk.

nullack
Senior Airman

Post by nullack »

For those of you reading about KSP in this thread and not getting what it is. It's a space vehicle simulation program where you can build your own space vehicles then fly them in space. It is accurate and has hooked allot of people into things like orbital mechanics. Building the space vehicles is fun, that's kinda a game in itself, then learning about orbital mechanics and flying your vehicles is another game in itself.

The physics is pretty good but it is not 100%, generally it is fair to say it introduces you to most concepts but the real high end of it cant be done in this game.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/

It was recently ported to consoles if anyone wants some lounge room coach fun too

Cheers
A2A Accusim Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250, Cessna 172, Cessna 182, Civilian P-51 Mustang, Military P-51 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, T-6 Texan

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

I bought KSP long ago, a game that should get me stuck on my chair, but never could get hooked because of the interface. The fonts are microscopic and it cannot be played on my 27" at 2560*1440 without having the noose on the monitor screen. I saw many people complaining about it so its not only my rig (or my eyesight which admittedly is not so good). I try from time to time to see whether anything has changed but the developers have not done much.

I also play RPG (Skyrim, Fallout etc.) and wargames. These days Witcher 2 (3.99 € at the Steam sale, couldn't be wrong !) and AGEOD Civil War 2 are on the plate.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Thanks for all the replys so far chaps! Seems we're not all just flight simmers after all :wink:

I have Arma 3 as well ( I forgot to mention it! ) I played through the campaign when I first got it 2 years ago, but not been back into it since. I always notice updates for it though, I should let it update and have a look I guess.

What else did I forget....Euro Truck Simulator 2, played it a while and not been back into that either for ages.
Same with BeamNG Drive, a super realistic crash simulator really! Real crumple physics etc.

@Rotorwash: Ahh Risk! I spent many many hours playing that (boardgame) inside our 18x24 tent in Bosnia during my Army days! It was a firm favourite amongst the lads, lots of beer was consumed whilst plotting world domination!
I had no idea it was a video game now.
Paul K wrote:Steam's a bugger - every week something new and shiny appears. The Turing Test looks intriguing - Link

I've been playing a bit of Arma 3, exploring the new Tanoa map. I have such things as Total War Shogun 2 and Rome 2, Take On Mars, Space Engineers, and the other day I bought the Feather River Canyon route for Train Sim 2016, while it was on sale.

Right now, however, I'm making a start on Witold Jaworski's ebook Blender course. The course subject is a P-40, but I'm going to use it to learn how to model ships instead. :)
Agreed Paul! I spent half a day last weekend just looking at different games to buy, so much choice! That Turin Test does look interesting.
pressler wrote:haha....I started playing The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-Earth a couple of years ago. I also added AirHauler 2 (Early Access) as a way to generate much more interest in my flight sim
Airhauler2 i brought but not really got into properly yet, now Tolkien stuff I adore! Ive read TLOTR and The Hobbit and watched the films many times, you gotta love the whole Middle Earth universe he created, I could spend hours looking at the maps and learning all the lore etc.
The one book I've not read yet is the Simmarlian....i want to though, never really considered the games, are they huge open world freeroam stuff or more MMO and level based?

@Nick: Lol! Yup that graph is spot on! As for the Far Cry stuff, I played them back on PS3 years ago, FC 2 and 3 I believe. I remember one was set in Africa and the other on tropical islands. TATAU!!!
Unfortunately what I remember the most about those games was me feeling sick from motion sickness lol! (It was probably my fist FPS game)

As for KSP, made more progress including making my first flyable aircraft! I'll post some pics later as I'm on phone at mo.
It actually looks really nice with a Typhoon type winglet on the nose, and 2 'Juno' Jet engines mounted at the rear like an A10 or Lear jet.
Also ferried 3 very enthusiastic and excited looking Kerbals on a Suborbital flight bless em! Probably a bit of an overkill with the vehicle to get em up there though, a 4 stage rocket with 4 SRBs strapped to the side of a 'BACC Thumper' SRB :mrgreen: :twisted: .......yeah, my Apoapsis was around 180,000 meters and i came down on the opposite side of Kerbin from the launch site!!!

J

Edit: Here's the pics of the plane i made, called it 'JP Aero 1'. And a nice shot of the 'Suborbital Tourism' pod re-entering the atmosphere!

Feel free to add me on Steam for those that use it, i'm HappyGilmore.
I had to take out the space in my user name because of how the API works on Jack Nicholas Perfect Golf (another one i forgot to mention) when you play in Online golf tournament events.

Cheers,

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”