What else are you playing?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Levkovvvv
Staff Sergeant

Re: What else are you playing?

Post by Levkovvvv »

Mafia 3 is out now and it can keep one occupied for some time :D
Image Владимир Левков / Vladimir Levkov
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

One of my favorites is Euro Truck Simulator 2.

My current truck.

Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Hey folks, have any of you got, or thinking of getting Star Citizen? I've been thinking about it for a while, obviously the game is still in Alpha (2.6) and there doesn't seem to be much to do right now, only a few missions in the persistent universe.....I reckon It may be worth waiting until 3.0 is released before buying into it.
I imagine any in game currency you earn before release would be wiped too I guess.

It's certainly shaping up to be an impressive game, and interesting that it's Crowd funded!

What is Star Citizen video.
https://youtu.be/HaJx4TdshFA

Game starter packages currently start at around £30 (all helps to build the game)......however, if you have won the lottery, check this out ! :shock: prepare yourself...
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... st-Digital
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

I've been playing a boat load of ETS2, ATS, and Farm Sim 17.
My current ride in ATS is so much fun.

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

An update here, I have been tinkering with 'Air Hauler 2' running a company, not doing to well at the mo but it is promising :|

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aside from flight sims, Ive recently been playing some of the Mario kart type games recently with my eldest who's enjoying them, toy box turbos is a throw back to the old micro machines top down racing games and really enjoying playing the sonic racing game, great fun as my eldest slowly gets to grips with gaming.

Ive also been playing euro truck sim a bit recently and after many hours finally had enough cash to buy my own truck as I didn't want a loan to get that first one. Really enjoying the game and find it extremely relaxing to play on an evening with a long trip. Parking can be a real challenge and fun too, the business side is a bit light but good side thing to keep an eye on. Again my kids also like it and I have a kids profile for them so they can drive the lorries on daddys computer :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Thought I was a bit old for FPS - but this is pretty immersive right down to period music playing on the radio and Playboy centerfolds pinned to the walls - LOL - and there are plenty of people in the same age bracket...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ohhh does it come with SP missions and or camapaign? And because I'm a big fan of one click installs is it on steam workshop?

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Lewis,

Like anything else - you get out of it what you put into it... Arma itself requires Steam and its truly a mods paradise - you can get many missions off of Steam for Unsung as well but the developers of this complete overhaul didn't like the Steam licensing agreement so they chose not to host it there - still - everything is contained in a single large package and relatively easy to install...

The Vietnam war just happens to be my niche - Arma seems to support everything from the Napoleonic Wars right up to present day...

In Arma it seems only the developer - BI - can make money off products for Arma - so almost all the content is produced as freeware by the fan base...

If interested - here is the content in action - there are tons of "Unsung" videos on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/BgyU5_55fcw

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Awesome Scott thanks, ive been playing ARMA series since the orginal Operation Flashpoint in the late 90's early 00's and with ARMAIII we even have some staff nights on the A2A team for some friendly games outside of the flightsim world. Always funny and a great laugh playing the large missions with the work gang, even if Scott does often get me shot or shoots me thinking I'm the enemy, well that's his excuse anyway :mrgreen:

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

I love Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes on mobile and still dabble in Elite Dangerous, DCS and IL-2 on PC.

Will buy a PS4 when Red Dead Redemption 2 comes this fall.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Katana1000
Senior Airman

Post by Katana1000 »

Apart from Flight Sims. for diversity I play ARMA 3 <--- absolutely outstanding, the more I play it the deeper it gets and I've barely scratched the online part of of it yet.

So ARMA3 then Rainbow 6 Siege is an awesome online experience, bit of Silent Hunter 5 with Mods, even, Legend of Grimrock games for old school grid game style and challenging gameplay, lots of mods for these two games has extended their life time tremendously.

But mostly its FSX and FSX Steam heavily modded of course, wont mention how many hours I've put into these over the years, but it might make some real life Pilots log books seem embarrassingly small :) I have P3Dv3 too of course, but I still prefer FSX or FSX steam on my two different machines, somehow my methods of tweaking them work to my satisfaction and I've not really bothered with P3D, its there though should I decide to switch. Have all the other major Flight Sims (Civvie and Military) apart from X-Plane 11, but I'm sure I'll get that too once it matures.

Katana1000
Senior Airman

Post by Katana1000 »

scottb613 wrote:Hi Folks,

Thought I was a bit old for FPS - but this is pretty immersive right down to period music playing on the radio and Playboy centerfolds pinned to the walls - LOL - and there are plenty of people in the same age bracket...

Regards,
Scott
I'll have to try this, sounds good!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I've occasionally been dabbling in SWTOR, along with some Portal 2, Talos Princple, and Life is Strange. Right now I'm in the middle of Obduction.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

My top 3 or 4.....
- Farm Simulator 17 - Major improvements since previous versions. FS11 Not bad....FS13 A LOT of great mods......FS15 a little disappointing....and now FS17. Good Improvements but new enough that mods are just now starting to take shape.

- FSX for most flying
- X-Plane 11 (Beta)....recently purchased.....looks promising and used for helicopter flight

-KSP - If you haven't watched any of the Scott Manley video's on YouTube you should. Good info!!! Wonderful program....been using several years now.

--------------------------------------------
Honorable Mention

- Train Simulator 17 - On occasion

- SkyRim.....although haven't played for a very long time.

-Euro Trucking..... Good Game!!
-Project Cars...... Another Good Game.....but since I use my computer for work related stuff also....it's just a BIG PAIN in the A@# to hook up wheel & pedals every time I want to drive, so these two get overlooked a lot.

Cheers!!
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”