Anyone interested?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Anyone interested?

Post by Warbirds »

After having some success with my worn and aged B-17 cockpit I wanted to do the B-377. Over the years I pecked at it once in awhile and tried to wedge it in between my graphic and texture jobs for fsx devs and now I think it is to the point where it could be uploaded. I want to send it to a few of you to check it out and make sure I did not forget anything. Small files that can be emailed and easy cut and paste install into the livery of your choice.

Almost all cockpit textures have been changed, modified and messed with to give that "years of use" look. Some new photo textures such as overhead light fixtures and yoke cap but most are stock with aging applied. I also found an interesting way to age the window framing and some other metal parts. New seat frames and worn cloth covering, new night lighting, aged qauges and a sprinkle of dirt and grime.

PM me if you want to check this cockpit out. Click on photos for much larger image and then at the bottom of the photo click on the far right icon and choose original size.

Last edited by Warbirds on 20 Aug 2016, 22:02, edited 7 times in total.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Anyone interested?

Post by Medtner »

Very nice! I'm sure interested, and I predict many others will be too. This very worn cockpit could probably fit the Guppy more than anything - it not being the "glamorous" ship with passengers that might want to look in on the flight deck. That could explain the coffee cup stains too.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I'll definetly be interested too. Gives some nice changes to the cockpit of some of the paints. It looks totally awesome with the coffee stains next to the throttle.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Now this is great. Very, very great. Pm'd you ! I'm working on a new sound set for the strat. Not that the current ones are bad in any way, but hey, why not :P
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Looking good to me. I don't have this bird tho.

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

OOooo yes that dose look very nice 8) , I do love the coffee cup stains, .... I'd be very interested :) I think you should post these on the big sites like AVSIM and FLIGHTSIM.com

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

I am testing it now and if it looks ok to those that pm me for a download I will upload it to Flightsim.com
Paul Grubich 2018
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Good plan 8) Well worth doing and be looking forward to it tomorrow morning , Thanks Warbirds 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Will you...would you post the link here when you've uploaded? It looks great!

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Yes I will make a new post with links to the upload but I will most likely post in the B-377 section. You can get it now if you PM me your email.
Paul Grubich 2018

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Very cool idea to age the cockpit and panels. Very nice job!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8) 8) 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Warbirds wrote:Yes I will make a new post with links to the upload but I will most likely post in the B-377 section. You can get it now if you PM me your email.

That is very kind of you, Paul. Early access isn't necessary as it is very hot where I live and there is no air conditioning. So the computer isn't going to run! I can wait!

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

This is brilliant. Always thought the Strat looked a little too clean. Agree this will be perfect for the Guppy. Might fit well with FoMoCo's Transocean paint as well.

Your worn B-17 cockpit flies in most of my repaints, BTW.

Looking forward to release.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Looks great
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

crazac wrote:Looking good to me. I don't have this bird tho.
You really should get it. I consider it to be the best prop airliner made for any sim (at least until the Connie arrives :))
Paul Grubich 2018

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”