GoFlight VantEdge Any One

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

GoFlight VantEdge Any One

Post by RotorWash »

As per title, chasing Feedback

Cheers

Ivan

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Re: GoFlight VantEdge Any One

Post by RotorWash »

Nice Yoke's, shame about the price. Didn't realize Iris had serious competition ?

http://youtu.be/XWr3eoPuSqM

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

I think it is more a case or iris wishing they were serious competition to brunner. From that video there is no way I'd go for the iris.
Still disappointed with iris as they were supposed to be an affordable alternative to all the high priced stuff like the brunner!!

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Yokes are for truck drivers anyhow ! :D :D :D

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Good question as I've been looking at them also. I've found no reviews except for one unboxing video on YouTube. Tony from GoFlight informed me it has the same internals as the GoFlight 737 Pro Yoke. For a $550 I would hope for it to have Hall Effect sensors but it doesn't. It still looks to be in pre-release because it's not shown on their main website but can be found using the pre-release link. I like that it is a GA style yoke and has a hat switch and it looks to be on par with PFC yokes.

I have a PFC Mooney yoke that is 12 years old but want something new with Hall Effect sensors like the new PFC yokes but also want a hat switch like GoFlight yokes.

I don't understand why at more than $500 why GoFlight would not use Hall Effect sensors and why PFC does not provide a hat switch. So for now I'm on the fence with spending that much money on a new yoke.

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

dvm wrote:Yokes are for truck drivers anyhow ! :D :D :D
It's hard to drive a truck and use a yoke at the same time Vince , my friend. :lol:

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Ivan,

Curious what you own now for a yoke and stick. For a yoke I have the 12 year old PFC Mooney yoke as mentioned and the CH Eclipse. For sticks I have the CH FighterStick and the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for warbirds. I like the GoFlight VantEdge but having used a PFC yoke it's hard to not want to stick with that for an updated version especially since it has Hall Effect Sensors.

Jon

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

jclay13 wrote:Ivan,

Curious what you own now for a yoke and stick. For a yoke I have the 12 year old PFC Mooney yoke as mentioned and the CH Eclipse. For sticks I have the CH FighterStick and the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for warbirds. I like the GoFlight VantEdge but having used a PFC yoke it's hard to not want to stick with that for an updated version especially since it has Hall Effect Sensors.

Jon
Hey Jon,

I have a heavily modded Saitek pro flight yoke and CH yoke collecting dust in storage, even with mods, you cant turn a dogs dinner into a roast meal. I also own the T/M warthog and the Saitek x65f. I use the x65f stick as my primary stick due to its absolute precision, zero dead zone, and numerous buttons and switches. I use the T/M duel throttle as my primary throttle due to its precision and numerous buttons and switches. I use the x65f duel throttles for reverses, speed brakes, flaps, etc. My primary rig is very pleasant to fly with, but as i fly A2a ga, PMDG and Majestic, it doesn't feel quite right flying them with a stick. I have just bought a TPM throttle for my A2a ga, one problem, it's designed to be placed to the right side, my stick is right handed and it feels very awkward handling a right handed stick with your left hand while working the TPM with your Right hand, so I need a descent yoke :?:
The VantEdge is available from Flightsims store for $900 AUD, at this price, I think I would prefer to pay an extra $300 and go for the extra travel on the Yoko Yoke ? PFC and Goflight are all very nice, just don't like the limitations on travel ?

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

RotorWash wrote:
jclay13 wrote:Ivan,

Jon
Hey Jon,

I have a heavily modded Saitek pro flight yoke and CH yoke collecting dust in storage, even with mods, you cant turn a dogs dinner into a roast meal. I also own the T/M warthog and the Saitek x65f. I use the x65f stick as my primary stick due to its absolute precision, zero dead zone, and numerous buttons and switches. I use the T/M duel throttle as my primary throttle due to its precision and numerous buttons and switches. I use the x65f duel throttles for reverses, speed brakes, flaps, etc. My primary rig is very pleasant to fly with, but as i fly A2a ga, PMDG and Majestic, it doesn't feel quite right flying them with a stick. I have just bought a TPM throttle for my A2a ga, one problem, it's designed to be placed to the right side, my stick is right handed and it feels very awkward handling a right handed stick with your left hand while working the TPM with your Right hand, so I need a descent yoke :?:
The VantEdge is available from Flightsims store for $900 AUD, at this price, I think I would prefer to pay an extra $300 and go for the extra travel on the Yoko Yoke ? PFC and Goflight are all very nice, just don't like the limitations on travel ?
Hey Ivan,

I like the extra travel on the Yoko yoke. It looks pretty solid. Froogle has a good review of it if you haven't seen it on his YouTube channel. I also have the PFC Throttle Quadrant Console which is 12 years old and lots of throttles for it but I want to get the TPM Vernier Controls from PFC but they don't work in my older throttle quadrant console so looking to upgrade that which is in need anyway. All my PFC stuff is so old it's all serial connection and FS2004 was the latest sim at the time. Since I'm looking at getting a new PFC Throttle Quadrant Console that's why I was leaning towards the PFC yoke. I have the GoFlight TPM's but they are too small. The Brunner yoke looks pretty sweet but too much $$$. What do you have for your TPM?

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

jclay13 wrote:What do you have for your TPM?

I managed to pick up what appears to be one of the last and new Saitek TPM on the planet. @$215 AUD delivered, the price was very reasonable, the quality appears to be quite good, the action on the plungers are very smooth, with only minor lateral and longitudinal slop when fully extended. I'm impressed, the nine switches will come in handy too :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”