Just couldn't resist. :lol:

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Just couldn't resist. :lol:

Post by spadjockey »

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Just couldn't resist. :lol:

Post by cflord »

Spad, I love it! Check out these links from MilViz on their DHC-2 Beaver in development:

Exterior
http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5652

Interior
http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6414

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8) 8) :D :D

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I wonder why it tells to use JP-1 aviation fuel? :shock:

-Esa

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

One of those new jet radials, no doubt :)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AKar wrote:I wonder why it tells to use JP-1 aviation fuel? :shock:
Mmm? Presumably the Milviz guys are used to sticking the stuff in their Sabres and things. :wink: Anyway, I hadn't realised that the DHC-2 has fuselage tanks instead of ones in the wings. Very sensible I suppose, given the height of the wing above the ground, and the coldness of the water where they tend to operate.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Any word if the milviz version will model wear and tear and damage? Its not enough for me to have an eye candy exterior and realistic flight model. I need the whole package.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Nick M wrote:Mmm? Presumably the Milviz guys are used to sticking the stuff in their Sabres and things. :wink:
Yeah, I hope they don't test fly the thing with JP-1... :mrgreen: While it's an obsolete grade, I'd figure its effects in an AVGAS-using piston engine would be similar to JET-A1 being used: after the JET starts to get into the engine in significant amounts, I'd guess for less that two minutes of any usable power being produced - and more power you request, faster the pistons burn through. Anyways, I don't know the specs of JP-1.
Nick M wrote:Anyway, I hadn't realised that the DHC-2 has fuselage tanks instead of ones in the wings.
There you go. :)

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Esa. Yeah, I read somewhere that those tip tanks were optional extras. Seems they'd have been quite troublesome ones, with all the extra plumbing and stuff that would be needed. Wonder how many Beavers have/had them fitted?

Seems some DHC-2's have been modified with entirely new 'wet' wings too. Not always without problems, as this TSB report (PDF) shows.

Anyway, I've got the chorus from that 'Beaver Ballad' stuck in my head now, so thanks for posting it (again) Spad! :mrgreen:

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Yeah, the figure appears to be "an all-inclusive" general picture of the airplane, dating back to 1. February, 1959. :) No wet wings back then. I haven't checked the tip tanks, how they were.

An excellent accident report - as expected by TSB Canada, btw. If nothing else, just read the analysis part and note how they tend to approach the issues from real-life work point-of-view instead of "you should have" or "stupid error" one, even if the results were known.

Also, the case you linked is one of just the plenty of to which I base my immediate dislike towards airplane modifications - unless they are actually proven sound.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”