New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
jjunior
Airman

Re: New Captain of the Ship Aircraft + 50% off COTS this wee

Post by jjunior »

Electra II Please :D

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Scott - A2A wrote:Here's an FSX screenshot from our own multi talented Michal Krawczyk (Some1) made of the current A2A fleet and the highly anticipated empty space to soon be filled:
Looking at this "Empty Space" this box .... It would have to be equal to the B-377 size, after going through this thread , I'm going to say It is a Constellation ! but what, which version .. the 'Supers' were so pretty with the tip tanks, I would say it is the Connie!

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Ian Warren wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:Here's an FSX screenshot from our own multi talented Michal Krawczyk (Some1) made of the current A2A fleet and the highly anticipated empty space to soon be filled:
Looking at this "Empty Space" this box .... It would have to be equal to the B-377 size, after going through this thread , I'm going to say It is a Constellation ! but what, which version .. the 'Supers' were so pretty with the tip tanks, I would say it is the Connie!
A square of less than 377 for the new plane mystery :mrgreen: héhé

Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Jacques wrote:That would be great, Paul! :D
:lol: Indeed Jacques, and a bit of a surprise too !! :wink:

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

DrumsArt wrote:A square of less than 377 for the new plane mystery :mrgreen: héhé
I believe a 'Connie' would look very Snugly in that bunch :) , I'm just trying to imagine what the night time takeoff screens would look like after seeing Aussie's 'HARS Connie' night demonstration quite a few times now but then .. we are still like fish nibbling at the bait ... its when that sharp hook pops into site and we all get hauled in 8)

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Seems the A2A gods have been listening to some of our prayers. Fantastic news! :mrgreen:

At times like this I wish there was an e-mail newsletter because I never spot the announcement posts until I catch wind of them from reading the regular posts... :oops: (yes yes, "social media", I know!)

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

PMDG's DC-6 argues against an A2A version, simply to avoid market competition. There's an interesting discussion, by the way, going on over in the AVSIM PMDG support forum where people are complaining that the DC-6 doesn't live up to A2A B377 or AT-6 engine standards. Even more interesting is the PMDG response which alternates between "it's to hard to do right" and "you aren't smart enough to handle a realistic system." The difference in attitude toward customers and the tone used to communicate here and at PMDG is astonishing.

Then there's Manfred Jahn & Co and their long awaited DC-3/C-47, which argues against an A2A Gooney Bird.

So that leaves a Connie, one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built and sadly missing from FSX/P3D except for some good but not great freeware examples. But it's a very complicated aircraft on par with the Stratocruiser that would be almost impossible to simulate well without hands-on exposure. So that seems unlikely.

Which leaves us with a DC-4/C-54/R5D with some new Accu-sim tricks (shared with the B377). That would be fantastic, and my bet except for Enriques' prediction that whatever it is will knock our socks off. I'd be delighted with a Skymaster to fly The Hump and share with Buffalo Airways, but not bowled over.

Then there's that logo in the "Reserved" box that really intrigues me. More research is required. Or simply patience.
Blue skies and tailwinds

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Interesting to see the Constellation Virgo in the dark patch. Constellation "Connie" would be my guess!

Meatycus
Airman

Post by Meatycus »

Tailspin45 wrote: So that leaves a Connie, one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built and sadly missing from FSX/P3D except for some good but not great freeware examples
There is the payware Justflight Connie...

From a business sense I would do the DC3, its the Spitfire/Mustang of vintage airliners

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Can't wait, if the "reserved" space in the screenshot is representative of the actual size of the aircraft then it's larger than the DC-3 ... I'm thinking the short lived DC-7C with longer range and faster ... just to one up PMDG's DC6 for XPlane.

Cheers, Rob.

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Oh, &$&^! Seven Seas!? Now THAT would be awesome!

And I'd be delighted with the subtle "up yours" to PMDG re DC-6 vs DC-7 as @robains suggests.

Can you tell PMDG really pissed me off? Yes, I Iove their Triple Seven, but....
Last edited by Tailspin45 on 08 Jun 2016, 20:01, edited 2 times in total.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

The wingspan of the B-377 covers 9 squares. The reserved space is 8 by 8 squares or 88% of the B-377, so its something with less span than the B-377 but more than a
dc-3 I would say. Wingspan of the B-377 is 141 feet. 88% of 141 is 125 ft. wingspan of the Connie is 126 feet. Wingspan of DC-4,6, and 7 is 117 feet. As a matter of general interest the wingspan of the Electra turboprop is 99 feet. DC-3 wingspan is 95 feet.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Well that image in the corner strikes me as being related to the "Connie" Lockheed Constellation . Why would A2A use the Constellation Virgo logo.

Thog10
Airman

Post by Thog10 »

Still speculating, but...

I wonder if the way the aircraft are ordered doesn't rule out the DC-3. The composer of the screenshot has paid a lot of attention to symmetry.

If I were to include a DC-3 (or any twin) in that photo, I would move the B-17 to the top right slot to mirror the (admittedly larger) four-engine B377.

I feel relatively confident that the missing plane is also a four prop bird.*

*I would love a DC-3 even if it did make the photo look funny and unbalanced!

**Are there any four engine candidates besides the Constellation family and the DC-4/6/7 family?

***My relative confidence has no firm evidence. This thing will likely be bigger than a J-3 and smaller than an A380. Whatever it is, I am looking forward to it!
B377 COS, J3, B-17G, Spit, P-40, P-51, C172, PA28, C182, PA24, V-Tail

Thog10
Airman

Post by Thog10 »

TuFun wrote:Well that image in the corner strikes me as being related to the "Connie" Lockheed Constellation . Why would A2A use the Constellation Virgo logo.

Really going out on a limb, but...

Could "Virgo" refer to an anticipated release window: Mid August to Mid September? (For a Constellation or any other plane)
B377 COS, J3, B-17G, Spit, P-40, P-51, C172, PA28, C182, PA24, V-Tail

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”