Thrustmaster rudder pedals

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Re: Thrustmaster rudder pedals

Post by francesco.doenz »

You can adapt the crosswind's spacing with adapter (sold separetely) to your liking and the aircraft you are flying!

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

With the unavailability of Saitek products and my Cessna pedals crapping out (no toe brakes and just not holding up) I took a gamble on the Thrustmaster Pedals with the intro price of $89 US.

They are not quite as stout as the pictures would lead you to believe, so will have to see on the endurance, but they are very smooth, with a long axis for the rudder and toe brakes. In comparison to the Cessna pedals, the center detent is almost non-existent and flows very nice from left to right inputs. The toe brakes are even adjustable from the software to allow null zones for the brakes, which helps dial in the brakes in sim.

For the price point, if they hold up, CH and Saitek have some serious competition with these pedals.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

dvm wrote: ...Most of Saitek stuff uses cheap pots and are built to a price and lots of profit...
Sounds like Carenado to me ... :twisted:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

taildraggin68 wrote:With the unavailability of Saitek products and my Cessna pedals crapping out (no toe brakes and just not holding up) I took a gamble on the Thrustmaster Pedals with the intro price of $89 US.

They are not quite as stout as the pictures would lead you to believe, so will have to see on the endurance, but they are very smooth, with a long axis for the rudder and toe brakes. In comparison to the Cessna pedals, the center detent is almost non-existent and flows very nice from left to right inputs. The toe brakes are even adjustable from the software to allow null zones for the brakes, which helps dial in the brakes in sim.

For the price point, if they hold up, CH and Saitek have some serious competition with these pedals.
Big thanks for what might be the first proper user report on them?

Be interesting to get an updated report from you, see how you get on with them over time.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
taildraggin68 wrote:With the unavailability of Saitek products and my Cessna pedals crapping out (no toe brakes and just not holding up) I took a gamble on the Thrustmaster Pedals with the intro price of $89 US.

Big thanks for what might be the first proper user report on them?

Be interesting to get an updated report from you, see how you get on with them over time.

cheers,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis

With the heel rests removed, using the ball of your feet on the lower part of the pedals, there is no inadvertent brake input when using the rudder and the brake axis is very pleasant. I am able to use the brakes without the usual all or nothing feeling of other pedals. I can easily milk the brakes when doing off airport operations in the cub and other STOL planes. Having the pedals in the configuration they come (mounted to the floor perfectly level) the braking does take a little getting used to, but also makes braking very deliberate. You must bring your heels up to brake. You can use them with the heel rests, but then you really need to manipulate the rudders with heel pressure to avoid braking inputs as with your feet on the pedals completely, there is a center pedal pivot point for the brakes. Having about five hours in sim with them, they have become comfortable and even though much closer together than the Saitek pedals, feel natural to manipulate. Now to give the Texan a trial run with them :D

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Thanks for the report. They sound like decent pedals. I'm looking to get some new pedals and with Saitek not available I may try these. Check back in a month or so and let us know how they've held up. Thanks again! Jon

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”