So what's the next plane for A2A ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
mark767
Airman

Post by mark767 »

I have the Comanche and just got the Mustang. Wondering what is next. I would love to see a Diamond DA-42 but that is not really the A2A style with all glass cockpit. Interesting to think about.

n72.75
Senior Airman

Re: So what's the next plane for A2A ?

Post by n72.75 »

Hopefully the F104.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I'm not sure we'll ever see a jet from them, at this point. The 104 and F-4 were shelved in favor of the T-33, which seems to have also been shelved.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Shifting the focus a little bit, I wonder whether the Accusim expertise that Scott and team have accumulated for a number of years, could now be applied to a turbine engine or a jet engine or would they have to start all over again ?
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

What I'd like: Westland Lysander; Avro Lancaster; Short Stirling; Catalina; Mosquito; B-29; B-25; B-24; DC-3; Halifax or a Condor... :wink:

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

I think the Piper PA-44 Seminole is next. That's what Scott wrote last year:
Scott - A2A wrote:We really want this T-6 and a Seminole sooner rather than later. It's the right time for both models.
Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I believe he wrote that prior to the purchase of the Aerostar. Now that he owns a nice twin, why rent one just to simulate it?

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:I believe he wrote that prior to the purchase of the Aerostar. Now that he owns a nice twin, why rent one just to simulate it?
Right after the Aerostar was purchased:
Scott - A2A wrote:We will likely be showing more of the Aerostar during our research trips to test future Accu-Sim planes, like the Piper Seminole, T-6, and T-33.
Note how the guess in very next post later turned out. :)

Other than that, in a thread concerning a future A2A Aerostar:
Scott - A2A wrote:We have learned quickly in software development, that while we always cast a long term plan, the only thing we virtually know for certain is products that hit beta, become reality. As for a twin, while I will be accumulating a lot of time in the Aerostar 600, it's not a trainer like the Piper Seminole.

The Seminole was the first twin I ever flew, and the experience (and excitement) was just.... awesome. The airplane felt really nice and maneuverable. It was also very quiet inside, which is something I personally love when flying.

My desire is to find a local Seminole, and fly the heck out of it on one engine (like we did in multi training on the Seneca). And then take that experience (and physics) and bring it into Accu-Sim, to deliver the same experience I've had with multi training. This experience and product will go a long way to both entertain and properly train pilots who wish to have a true multi experience. I can say, like so many things we do, when this multi experience comes out, it will be the first of it's kind.
But a lot might have changed, we won't know until "in (late) development" announcement. :) I'd like practically any twin the A2A might get their hands on.

-Esa

mark767
Airman

Post by mark767 »

A Seminole would be awesome.....just as long as we can jam the GTN750 in there.

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Post by francesco.doenz »

One has to stay with what he does best and has a long experience....don't expect a cat from a dog.....and there are other people making jets, but I do not think you can come close to the real world jet as with props...they are just too complex and the few I tried were pretty buggy....

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

I would'nt mind seeing a jet from A2A. Yes they were shelved for now, but i think in the future we will see one and then another and another.
Scott and the team have to keep new projects coming to keep everyone interested, and keep money coming in. I think it all comes down to what they want the most, 1 or 2 prop models a year or a single jet every couple of years.
The physics of a jet and a prop are the same but they are also different. and their is far more research involved in jets then in props.
A2A will give us a jet at some point, we just have to wait for them to get them finished.

Yardreamer
Airman

Post by Yardreamer »

The way A2A is programming flight and operations would really love to see in the follow order and reasons for
1. WW I Sopwith Camel flight challenge
2. WW 1 Fokker Dr1. Triplane or Sopwith Triplane for the flight challenge as well the on off throttle would be interesting
3. WW 1 Gotha Bomber would simply look good and original
4. WW II Mitsubishi A6M Zero handling and maneuverability
5. WW II Supermarine Griphon equipped Spitfire with nasty engine habits and because it simply sounds great
6. WW II hawker Typhoon with early Napier Saber tempermental engine option rocket payload
7. WW II German Komet I don't know but rocketing up to 20k plus 5 min flight then find and glide back to the airport land on grass you only get one shot at landing

I know out there but hey I all ready asked for a DHC-2 Beaver and found non are planed and Milvis has said nothing and looks like Aerosft has totaly shelved the project.

Dreamer

BrianGreenlee82
Airman

Post by BrianGreenlee82 »

I personally would love a Aztec or Seminole. And perhaps one day a king air

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”