Gathering of Warbirds '06 (Large Pics)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Gathering of Warbirds '06 (Large Pics)

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

Some pics I took this afternoon at the Annual Gathering of Warbirds in Olympia, Washington:

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Ahh... You missed a few, mate.

--WH

IncendiaryLemon
Technical Sergeant

Post by IncendiaryLemon »

:)

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Lol. Yeah I have a few of those too. Looks like you were shooting the flag right over my shoulder...

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Lol. Yeah I have a few of those too. Looks like you were shooting the flag right over my shoulder...
So, you were in the beer garden too? :P :P :P LOL

--WH

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Hey alias_unknown_2004 I am right by there.
The 2003 Gathering of Warbirds in Olympia,WA was the last airshow that I took my father to(he passed away in 2004).
Those are some great pictures.Is the test bed piloted version of the V-1 buzz bomb still there ?
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

"So, you were in the beer garden too? LOL "

I wish, but I had my nephew with me. I tried to get him a fake id, but being six..the fake mustache just looked a little...off. :? :P

"Is the test bed piloted version of the V-1 buzz bomb still there ?"

You know, I didn't see that this year...usually they have it right there as you walk in...they must have moved it.

It goes on til tomorrow evening. I didnt' stay for the Vietnam Themed show at the end...with a band (i bet fortunate son, all along the watch-tower, and white rabbit were gonna be covered) and id green huey's "dusting off" but i might go back for the finale tomorrow...

The Arlington fly-in (there's an outfit that has built an escadrille of Graham Lee Nieuport's out that way http://www.escadrillenorthwest.citymax. ... 271506.htm --i've been building the full size 17 as well as (my baby) Lynn Williams's gorgeous Flitzer Z-21 http://www.flitzer-aero.com/ ) takes place July 5th-9th & last I heard the annual McChord Airshow has been cancelled til 2008. :( (Last year the P-51 flew in close formation with an F-15...have to admit that the old rolls royce merlin stirred my blood better than the f-15's afterburners...i still don't know if that's good or bad. :? )

Sorry about your father, JJB.

AU

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

The wife and I are museum members so I've been attending their air show each year since they started. Each year is different because you never know what new planes are going to appear. And it gives me an opportunity to practice some photography. We usually come early so we have a decent parking space, and stay until mid-afternoon so we skipped the Vietnam Era show.

Anyways, for more information on the museum and its collection, here is their site: http://www.olympicflightmuseum.com/

--WH

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”