New moniter

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

New moniter

Post by 46th_Terror »

My wife just got me a new 19inch wide screen lcd moniter. I thought these cockpits were great before. With the new moniter I cant believe what I was missing. Thay are sharper and the view just looks more realistic. I find it even easier to fly the VC now. does anybody have any suggestions on screen resolution tho. I am running 1440 X 900 now as that is the moniters default setting.

alastairmonk
Airman First Class

Post by alastairmonk »

Nice though the monitor surely is, the resolution you quote indicates that it is a super-widescreen model in 16:10 / 1.6:1 ratio, and I have heard elsewhere that there can be "interesting" results when you try to show a "normal" ratio (4:3 / 1.33:1) panel

There is the possibility of editing every panel.cfg to "stretch" it and display the round gauges as round gauges rather than fat ovals.

As I have a normay proportioned monitor I'd be interested to hear if you do see display oddities. Maybe a couple of 800x500 screenshots to show us what you see.

Alastair

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”