FSX Carrier question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
reflected
Master Sergeant

FSX Carrier question

Post by reflected »

I know it's offtopic but someone here might be able to answer.

I'm using Javier's Nimitz addon, and it works fine with all aircraft, but one. I can attach the plane to the launch bar just fine, but when I apply full power it releases automatically and the plane slowly rolls forward. It does hold until like half power, but not after.

Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,
Greg

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Re: FSX Carrier question

Post by TBryson2 »

Not sure which aircraft you are attempting to launch, but if memory serves me right, there are entries in the aircraft config file for the launch bar and tailhook. Even though the aircraft phisically has a launch bar, it may not be configured for it.

Go to http://www.fsxcarrierops.com/ and someone will be able to answer your question, or snoop around on the forum or try "Mods-aircraft" & hopefully you can find what you're looking for
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Aerodil
Senior Airman

Post by Aerodil »

reflected wrote:I know it's offtopic but someone here might be able to answer.

I'm using Javier's Nimitz addon, and it works fine with all aircraft, but one. I can attach the plane to the launch bar just fine, but when I apply full power it releases automatically and the plane slowly rolls forward. It does hold until like half power, but not after.

Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,
Greg
Are you trying to do catapult launches in the Razbam T-2 per chance?

In any case, try adding CatapultForceLimiter=0 under [Realism] in your fsx.cfg. 1 is for fighters only 0 for the catapult system to provide enough force for any type of aircraft.

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

Sadly it didn't help. It's Dino's T-45, and it's interesting to note that in external view I can throttle up alright. When in cockpit view, the wheel jumps out of the launch bar after around 50% of throttle. :roll:

Aerodil
Senior Airman

Post by Aerodil »

reflected wrote:Sadly it didn't help. It's Dino's T-45, and it's interesting to note that in external view I can throttle up alright. When in cockpit view, the wheel jumps out of the launch bar after around 50% of throttle. :roll:
I'm having the same issue with the T-2. The only thread I found online about the same problem is from 2009 and no one answered it with a solution.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

reflected wrote:Sadly it didn't help. It's Dino's T-45, and it's interesting to note that in external view I can throttle up alright. When in cockpit view, the wheel jumps out of the launch bar after around 50% of throttle. :roll:
Which version of the T-45? If it is his latest, I may not have that one. I'll give it a try tomorrow & see what I can come up with. I've never had any issues with any of his versions ant that plane is a joy to fly on /off carriers!
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

TBryson2 wrote:
Which version of the T-45? If it is his latest, I may not have that one. I'll give it a try tomorrow & see what I can come up with. I've never had any issues with any of his versions ant that plane is a joy to fly on /off carriers!
I updated it to the latest (2.8) but the problem persisted.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I've had it in the past, but it's always gone away of its own volition - it used to happen a lot with the default F/A-18A for me!

You could try reinstalling Simconnect over the top of itself, as that provides the interface between the aircraft and the carrier, I'm told.

Ian P.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I have v2.75 of Dino's T45 working in FSX:SE and P3d v3.1 and have just noticed that it is now up to v2.80 on the web site.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I've just discovered that setting Water Detail to Ultra in P3d v3.1 will break the hold of the assisted launch mechanism. Because the aircraft is bounced around so much it breaks the hold. Setting Water Detail to High cures it as the deck is no longer pitching with the waves.

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

Thanks for the advice, i tried everything but no joy. The same problem plagues Dino's F-14 too :/

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The only other thing I can think of is a re-install of Simconnect, or updating Java perhaps.

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is simconnect? I don't think I ever installed that one. How does it work? Thanks!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Simconect gets installed automatically with the old FSX and, I think, for FSX Steam. If your A2A Accu-sim aircraft are working then it is installed. If not, for FSX Steam, the SimConnect.msi should be in...

<your Steam folder>\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”