A2A-EZCA (EZdok) Compatibility Guide

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Re: A2A-EZCA (EZdok) Compatibility Guide

Post by ThomasAH »

Nick M wrote:The previously dire EZdok user interface has been improved somewhat, and it's now merely 'awful'. :roll: For me personally, the biggest disappointment is that the camera settings now seem to be stored in proprietary *.ezdcam files which can't be opened and edited in a text editor, unlike the previous *.ini files.
They are just compressed archives, you can extract them with WinHKI.
Inside are again files you have to extract with WinHKI.
Inside that are .ini files like with EZdok Camera 1.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Thanks for the tip Thomas. :) Will have to take a look into this when I get a few moments.

Cheers,
Nick

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I installed EZCA3 but I think is safe to save all Aircraft.cfg from each plane before start configuring. I am just guessing on this and afraid to start using EZCA. I learned from this thread that EZCA modifies the aircraf.cfg files and I don't give a risk. Anyway I had to stop using EZCA I don't know how to configure. It looks like I have to delete all Joystick assignments first. Flight1 should provide EZCA Profiles ready to start. I can be wrong ...
Last edited by trisho0 on 07 Aug 2020, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

From memory, you will have to delete the A, S, Shift A, Shift S and hat switch controls, because they will then be set in EZCA.
The hat switch can then be set in EZCA in combination with another key (optional) to operate as normal.
Bacause I use TrackIR as my looking around device, I hardly use the panning of the hat switch. I have the button behind the hat switch (Saitek yoke) set to press that and then pan using the hat switch if i need to. Otherwise the hatswitch is used as extra buttons shifting between locations in the cockpit.

It is a good idea to backup the cfg file before changing or installing anything that will change this file.

Here is a quick tour around the Connie with EZDok
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wr7xr5rr6b4q ... 6.mp4?dl=0
Last edited by TreeTops on 07 Aug 2020, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I am not ready with EZCA3 so I can wait for sometime later. I installed and reinstalled twice because EZCA takes place and I find a non working joystick, nah! I had to restore files from some backups and to delete EZCA configurations. I will think for later to deal with EZCA again. So, before loading a specific plane in the sim I better off to save the Aircraft.cfg file first.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

added a link to some video in the cockpit in my last post.
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

TreeTops wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 22:05 added a link to some video in the cockpit in my last post.
You did magic! I am in shock that is not EZCA isn't?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

My setup for EZCA is the hat switch left/right are the Captain / First Officer postions, the forward back are the overhead and Flight Engineers positions.
Then either side of those postions I add other view spots that I can toggle using another button.
Take for instance the FW. Toggle left shifts the view to the upper panel, another toggle left shifts to the rear overhead view where the fire extinguisher selectors are.
Toggling right from the FE moves to the cabin controls, toggling right again moves to the Cross feed controls on the floor.
It is all so simple and smooth. Adding views is also very simple.
Well worth the time to install and setup correctly, since I use it on every flight in every plane, along with TrackIR.
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

TreeTops wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 22:39 My setup for EZCA is the hat switch left/right are the Captain / First Officer postions, the forward back are the overhead and Flight Engineers positions.
Then either side of those postions I add other view spots that I can toggle using another button.
Take for instance the FW. Toggle left shifts the view to the upper panel, another toggle left shifts to the rear overhead view where the fire extinguisher selectors are.
Toggling right from the FE moves to the cabin controls, toggling right again moves to the Cross feed controls on the floor.
It is all so simple and smooth. Adding views is also very simple.
Well worth the time to install and setup correctly, since I use it on every flight in every plane, along with TrackIR.
Sorry, I am lost (lol). I have to watch EZCA tutorials. I appreciate your efforts in helping me with Cameras.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

These pictures are for EZDok v3

The yellow labels I have added show which view EZDok switches to when I press the hatch switch in a direction.
The other views in between can be cycled using 2 assigned hotkeys.
So a typical cockpit situation would be the Captain (left hat switch) would set up his area, shift to the CoPilot (right hat switch), then the FE (down hat switch). From the FE position I can cycle back to see the top panel view, or cycle forward to see the rear panel to set the cabin environment.
Each of these views only takes a minute or less to set up and can be fine tuned easily at anytime. They can be shuffled up and down the list.

This picture shows the assignments A, S, Shift A, Shift S that have moved from the sim controls to the EZDok controls.

This picture shows the hat switch and reverse button mode to use for panning.

This picture shows the adjustments you can make regarding the head movement. Normalls the upper section left and right sliders are set too high and I set them to almost 0.
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

The yellow labels I have added show which view EZDok switches to when I press the hatch switch in a direction.
The other views in between can be cycled using 2 assigned hotkeys.
So a typical cockpit situation would be the Captain (left hat switch) would set up his area, shift to the CoPilot (right hat switch), then the FE (down hat switch). From the FE position I can cycle back to see the top panel view, or cycle forward to see the rear panel to set the cabin environment.
Each of these views only takes a minute or less to set up and can be fine tuned easily at anytime. They can be shuffled up and down the list.
----- From HUMAN (EYES) column, you typed: Captain, Captain Panel, Centre Panel, etc. right? Or those lines came by default?

This picture shows the assignments A, S, Shift A, Shift S that have moved from the sim controls to the EZDok controls.
----- The keyboard entries you typed or it appears as is by default?

This picture shows the hat switch and reverse button mode to use for panning.
-----I can see your Joystick and your HAT switch is Off

This picture shows the adjustments you can make regarding the head movement. Normalls the upper section left and right sliders are set too high and I set them to almost 0.
----- You set the values based on what parameters?

====================================================================

Every first time loading a specific plane do we need to setup EZCA3? Or what happen when I load a plane for the first time?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

When EZDok first loads in an aircraft it will read the existing views and show them in the different columns.
I only use the Human Eyes column. Movie makers and screenshot artists would be more interested in adding views in the other columns.
Sometimes I adjust, rename, change the zoom, the existing views.
Sometimes I delete them all and start fresh with my own since it doesnt take long for each view.
The keyboard entries you have to add as per the manual setup.
The third picture is just the assignment. Slot one is set to the yoke where the hat switch is, the Hat switch as button option is turned on, and the reverse is assigned to the button 1 behind the hat swtich on the yoke. Pressing button one changes the hat switch from buttons to panning until button 1 is released.
The adjustments in the last picture you can see on screen as you change the sliders. A high number will bounce the view a lot and a low number will make hardly any motion. The different sliders are movement assigned to different factors that affect movement. Haveing large movement makes it difficult to use the mouse to select switches. It is something that is adjust to your liking.
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

When EZDok first loads in an aircraft it will read the existing views and show them in the different columns.
------ Every new plane loaded at the first time, EZ shows up to change the Aircraft.cfg file?

I only use the Human Eyes column. Movie makers and screenshot artists would be more interested in adding views in the other columns.
------ So, you enter the assignments in the Column right?

Sometimes I adjust, rename, change the zoom, the existing views.
Sometimes I delete them all and start fresh with my own since it doesnt take long for each view.
The keyboard entries you have to add as per the manual setup.
------ This steps is clear now.

The third picture is just the assignment. Slot one is set to the yoke where the hat switch is, the Hat switch as button option is turned on, and the reverse is assigned to the button 1 behind the hat swtich on the yoke. Pressing button one changes the hat switch from buttons to panning until button 1 is released.
The adjustments in the last picture you can see on screen as you change the sliders. A high number will bounce the view a lot and a low number will make hardly any motion. The different sliders are movement assigned to different factors that affect movement. Haveing large movement makes it difficult to use the mouse to select switches. It is something that is adjust to your liking.
------ I will have to play with after installing EZCA3 again.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Yes to both questions.
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

TreeTops wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 18:21 Yes to both questions.
OK so, you enter typing from the keyboard example, "Captain" because the Human Eyes is empty, right? And so on .... If so, you know what to enter, I am not sure about.
What did you do on the Column 2 and 3? I can see on the Column2 INSIDE in yellow color "HAT LEFT" and on the Column3 OUTSIDE I see "Right Side Window". Did you have to type that on the Column IN and OUT? It's a challenge ...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”