A2A Forum Logo

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Forum Logo

Post by dvm »

Has anyone done a A2A warbird with the A2A logo, with permission of course ? I could be behind the times of course.

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

But for many Swedes, gender equality is not enough. Many are pushing for the Nordic nation to be not simply gender-equal but gender-neutral. The idea is that the government and society should tolerate no distinctions at all between the sexes. This means on the narrow level that society should show sensitivity to people who don't identify themselves as either male or female, including allowing any type of couple to marry. But that’s the least radical part of the project. What many gender-neutral activists are after is a society that entirely erases traditional gender roles and stereotypes at even the most mundane levels.

Ironically, in the effort to free Swedish children from so-called normative behavior, gender-neutral proponents are also subjecting them to a whole set of new rules and new norms as certain forms of play become taboo, language becomes regulated, and children's interactions and attitudes are closely observed by teachers.

Sweden’s New Gender-Neutral Pronoun: Hen - A country tries to banish gender.

Fwiw.
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Scott - A2A
A2A General

A2A Forum Logo

Post by Scott - A2A »

I think Metner's point may be missed, as he is speaking in general terms how women have evolved from being dependent on their looks to attract men to being independent through reliance on intellect. Female pilots tend to be these rugged independent types. The more I think of it, we should consider how our logo comes across to women who are part of this community. Perhaps not making her the absolute centerpiece of our image here in the form is the better way to be. I am not talking about political correctness, I couldn't care less about that. Having her the centerpiece of our community is probably not reflective of who we are.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Great Ozzie wrote:But for many Swedes, gender equality is not enough. Many are pushing for the Nordic nation to be not simply gender-equal but gender-neutral. The idea is that the government and society should tolerate no distinctions at all between the sexes. This means on the narrow level that society should show sensitivity to people who don't identify themselves as either male or female, including allowing any type of couple to marry. But that’s the least radical part of the project. What many gender-neutral activists are after is a society that entirely erases traditional gender roles and stereotypes at even the most mundane levels.

Ironically, in the effort to free Swedish children from so-called normative behavior, gender-neutral proponents are also subjecting them to a whole set of new rules and new norms as certain forms of play become taboo, language becomes regulated, and children's interactions and attitudes are closely observed by teachers.

Fwiw.
Thanks Rob,

You may have cut to the core of the cause of this controversy. I will always be a proponent of "vive la difference". Fortunately at this point in history it is a minority view. But if you tell people something long enough especially starting at a young age you can get them to believe anything, common sense be damned !

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Scott - A2A wrote:I think Metner's point may be missed, as he is speaking in general terms how women have evolved from being dependent on their looks to attract men to being independent through reliance on intellect. Female pilots tend to be these rugged independent types. The more I think of it, we should consider how our logo comes across to women who are part of this community. Perhaps not making her the absolute centerpiece of our image here in the form is the better way to be. I am not talking about political correctness, I couldn't care less about that. Having her the centerpiece of our community is probably not reflective of who we are.

Scott
I sure hope you are not thinking of changing your logo. In my opinion it would be a mistake. This controversy will blow over. You can't please everyone but I think the logo pleases the majority. The logo represents a time in history and it honors all those who sacrificed in the struggle over the Axis powers. It represents the best and worst of times which was the lot of the greatest generation.

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

A this point the thread become hard to cope with. I will not stand ideally by why others try to take my foredooms away and insist that I change my way of thanking for them. The biggest problem is that people are becoming to fragile to cope with destining views and will take freedoms away just so they want get hurt. I'm fat, and disabled, do you thank people look at me kindly? Do you thank I care if they like the way I look? I don't want to shut them up, it's their god/nature right to have an opinion and it's my god/nature right to fight back. This is not over some pic of a cartoon girl, this is over freedom of expression, and freedom of choice. I have the freedom to do what I like, and you have the choice to not read what I post. Thank you founding father, but we have destroyed your dream you had for us, the few are stronger then the majority. :evil:
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

dvm wrote:
Great Ozzie wrote:But for many Swedes, gender equality is not enough. Many are pushing for the Nordic nation to be not simply gender-equal but gender-neutral. The idea is that the government and society should tolerate no distinctions at all between the sexes. This means on the narrow level that society should show sensitivity to people who don't identify themselves as either male or female, including allowing any type of couple to marry. But that’s the least radical part of the project. What many gender-neutral activists are after is a society that entirely erases traditional gender roles and stereotypes at even the most mundane levels.

Fwiw.
Thanks Rob,

You may have cut to the core of the cause of this controversy. I will always be a proponent of "vive la difference". Fortunately at this point in history it is a minority view. But if you tell people something long enough especially starting at a young age you can get them to believe anything, common sense be damned !
As proven by one failed european dictator.

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

Scott - A2A wrote:I think Metner's point may be missed, as he is speaking in general terms how women have evolved from being dependent on their looks to attract men to being independent through reliance on intellect. Female pilots tend to be these rugged independent types. The more I think of it, we should consider how our logo comes across to women who are part of this community. Perhaps not making her the absolute centerpiece of our image here in the form is the better way to be. I am not talking about political correctness, I couldn't care less about that. Having her the centerpiece of our community is probably not reflective of who we are.

Scott

How is your logo the center piece of the company? I only just a few days ago even noticed it. I don't come here to see the the cartoon pic, I come for the company products, and the people here. I respect your right to do what you want with your company, you worked hard to get it to where it is today. Re branding has killed a lot of company's, I don't thank it will have an adverse affect on A2A, that said, some might look at it like you are catering to the few. I see the A2A part of the pic as the company center piece and not the girl. "She", looks more of an after thought than anything to me. I'm sorry if I have offend anyone, but I have a right to, as you have a right to do the same.
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Let me conclude my participation in this topic with this shortfilm that sums up perfectly what's going on today:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM[/youtube]
Happy Landings
- Patrick

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

Jigsaw wrote:Let me conclude my participation in this topic with this shortfilm that sums up perfectly what's going on today:

Thank you so much for posting that! :D It said what I could not.

Lets all kill gender so we can never have songs like this, this song is so offensive.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYxKRXDT2I[/youtube]
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Some personal thoughts on the A2A logo. I have used A2A products from the very start when it was shockwave and bought Firepower when it first became available. Products relating to WWII are the foundation of A2A. It's products have expanded since then of course. I see the logo as a tie to it's origin. Certainly not as iconic as the Chevy bow tie logo but for me changing it would make me feel the same if Chevy changed theirs (which ain't going to happen in my lifetime). With that I will leaves this thread to it's own devices. :D

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

dvm wrote:Some personal thoughts on the A2A logo. I have used A2A products from the very start when it was shockwave and bought Firepower when it first became available. Products relating to WWII are the foundation of A2A. It's products have expanded since then of course. I see the logo as a tie to it's origin. Certainly not as iconic as the Chevy bow tie logo but for me changing it would make me feel the same if Chevy changed theirs (which ain't going to happen in my lifetime). With that I will leaves this thread to it's own devices. :D

I wish there was a bow emoji. You sir would get on. With your statement so fitting I'm out, I'm gonna go cry for my kids, who will champion self-expression going forward? We stand to lose so much, but the fight, I can't keep going on. :cry:
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Jigsaw wrote:Let me conclude my participation in this topic with this shortfilm that sums up perfectly what's going on today:

drop the mic

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I always thought Star Trek had the ideal for women. Yes it certianly displayed senuality, and had no shortage of scantily clad/catsuited women. However the women were also shown as very intelligent, and holding positions of authority/command, leading combat and away teams. Trek showed that both men and women could just as equally be the hero or the villian. It showed a very equal society that was also able to appreciate senuality and the beauty of the humanoid shape at the same time.

I am all for women (and men) showing off their goods if they choose to do that. I work out and appreciate the effort it takes to maintain a healthy and fit body. If a woman takes that time and effort to develop a beautiful fit body, she should show it off for sure if she wants. However I don't want 'displaying their goods' to be a woman's ONLY choice to succeed in life...ie 'Show off my body or live in poverty/forced to be housewife because I can't get a job doing what I really enjoy'. I am also all for women to have the opportunities to succeed in any profession they choose.

I think the more women role models who succeed in traditionally male dominated areas the better for young girls. I like to see women ignore societies 'gender roles', shake the status-quo and follow their dreams. There was a great music video by Pink that encouraged a little girl to follow her dreams, and not societies 'rules' when the little girl was thinking about picking up a football instead of a barbie doll.

I wish young Amerian girls had role models like Svetlana Kapanina, who is a fantastic Russian aerobatic pilot.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR76PfL2KRw[/youtube]

As far as the A2A logo, it doesn't bother me. I know what it represents. If this is a gender thing is really an issue that A2A is debating, I think A2A could really balance the logo by featuring 'Heidi' as a command or authority figure in their next project. Have her be a CFII or something. Someone you seek or are given instruction/advice from...someone who knows more about flying/airplanes than you. Shake things up even more by having her be the CFII in the T-6. A2A already has taken the lead by being able to choose the pilot/passengers in their GA planes. Maybe even a female pilot choice for the Civil Mustang would be a good thing to update as well. We do want to encourage women and girls to get into this hobby and the more they are represented as pilots in the virtual planes, the more likely they will.

Cheers
TJ
Last edited by pilottj on 10 Dec 2015, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

pilottj wrote:I always thought Star Trek had the ideal for women. Yes it certianly displayed senuality, and had no shortage of scantily clad/catsuited women. However the women were also shown as very intelligent, and holding positions of authority/command, leading combat teams. Trek showed that both men and women could just as equally be the hero or the villian. It showed a very equal society that was also able to appreciate senuality and the beauty of the humanoid shape at the same time.

I am all for women (and men) showing off their goods if they choose to do that. I work out and appreciate the effort it takes to maintain a healthy and fit body. If a woman takes that time and effort to develop a beautiful fit body, she should show it off for sure if she wants. However I don't want 'displaying their goods' to be a woman's ONLY choice to succeed in life...ie 'Show off my body or live in poverty/forced to be housewife because I can't get a job doing what I really enjoy' I am also all for women to have the opportunities to succeed in any profession they choose.

I think the more women role models who succeed in traditionally male dominated areas the better for young girls. I like to see women ignore societies 'gender roles', shake the status-quo and follow their dreams. There was a great music video by Pink that encouraged a little girl to follow her dreams, and not societies 'rules' when the little girl was thinking about picking up a football instead of a barbie doll.

As far as the A2A logo, it doesn't bother me. I know what it represents. If this is a gender thing is really an issue that A2A is debating, I think A2A could really balance the logo by featuring 'Heidi' as a command or authority figure in their next project. Have her be a CFII or something. Someone you seek or are given instruction/advice from...someone who knows more about flying/airplanes than you. Shake things up even more by having her be the CFII in the T-6. A2A already has taken the lead by being able to choose the pilot/passengers in their GA planes. Maybe even a female pilot choice for the Civil Mustang would be a good thing to update as well. We do want to encourage women and girls to get into this hobby and the more they are represented, the more likely they will.

Cheers
TJ

I said I was done with this but you did bring a good point to this. My wife is very high up in the food chain at Verizon. She did not get there on her looks. She has a law degree in criminal justice and worked hard for it all. She is not offended by the looks of other girls, just the ones that look down on her for her looks. Self deprecating, and shallow people that thank she should change who she is. Also the Pres of the company is a woman of not to good of looks, do you thank she got there on her looks? We are capable of anything we put our minds to, not our body.
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”